Twin Peaks
Nov 3, 2006 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

perplex

500+ Head-Fier
It's been a long time?
wink.gif
Well I just finished watching both seasons. I really liked it with the unique atmosphere. The music is great too.

There must be others that recall this TV series?

Nov 3, 2006 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 21
The absolute pinnacle of American TV!

Just been re-watching season 1 on DVD, everything about the show is perfect. Music, script, acting, direction, story, colours are all spot on.

Nov 3, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 21
It was very interesting, and it certainly sparked lots of conversation weekly back in the day, but I think somewhere in the second season it lost a lot of viewers as it proceeded to go nowhere. Some thought that was the ever increasing guest directors.

While 'pinnacle of American TV' may be a bit strong (where does Twilight Zone, Dick Van Dyke Show, All in the Family, M*A*S*H, Homicide, Simpsons, Sopranos, etc. fall?) it was a blast to watch and that Badalamenti and Julee Cruise soundtrack was great.

Nov 3, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 21
It is lovely, but maybe it was even more magical back in the day. I was too young then
rolleyes.gif
. Just love the unique style. It's a shame David Lynch didn't do other series
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by perplex
It's a shame David Lynch didn't do other series.

Actually, he did. You might seek out On the Air, which I can recall watching a few times during its brief and ill-fated life. The pilot screenplay's available here.

air04.jpg

(I still recall watching the premiere of Twin Peaks at the loft of a writer friend named Kathy Acker. She and I were surprised that certain scenes and subjects aired on then-prim network television, but we were even more amazed at the interest the show provoked. "I can't believe every artist I know is home watching TV!" Acker gushed during the first close-up of Laura Palmer's blue digits. I agree with blessingx's overall assessment, and I'm not a fan of Lynch in terms of structure, but it does seem Twin Peaks changed mainstream television for the better.)

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 21
I killed Laura Palmer... shhhh
cool.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #9 of 21
This series gets my vote as best television series of all time. Of course, it's all subjective, and my pick as close second/tie is Six Feet Under, and then Brisco County Jr.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #10 of 21
I loved that show.It was quirky and with out a doubt a high point in American telivision.

May 3, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #13 of 21
I can still remember the feeling when Twin Peaks was on tv, it was so renewing(is this English?)
I prefer the 1st seasson, have you watched the movie""Fire Walk With Me""", this is a must see when you like Twin Peaks, there you can see what the real life of Laura was.
And buy also the Twin Peaks and the Fire Walk With Me soundtrack because music made by Angelo Bandelamenti is megacool !

May 3, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by perplex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is lovely, but maybe it was even more magical back in the day. I was too young then
rolleyes.gif
. Just love the unique style. It's a shame David Lynch didn't do other series
frown.gif

As Scrypt said, Lynch did have another TV project. Also check out the obscure (in more than one way) Wild Palms, produced by Oliver Stone. The costume, cinematography and music (Ryuichi Sakamoto) are all gorgeous.

May 3, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Polo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And buy also the Twin Peaks and the Fire Walk With Me soundtrack because music made by Angelo Bandelamenti is megacool !

I prefer The Fire Walk With Me soundtrack to the original Twin Peak's. Unfortunately a copy of this marvel has become very hard to track down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back