Tweeter Screen for Amorphous RAAL
Sep 16, 2013 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SearchOfSub

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello guys I just purchased these speakers used and there is a little problem with the screens of the tweeters. On one speaker, its a little wrinkled and on the other, its pushed in a bit. I was wondering if the tweeter screen issues for these speakers would make any difference in sound..

Here are the pics.

Thanks.

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 4
The protective screen -mesh -on the outside- is supposed to be "audio transparent" as small bend isnt too bad as you can pull that flat with a device with a hook on it.Thats the good news . The bad is I hope you havent paid too much for them . These are high quality speakers probably cost $1000s  but   this means the parts fitted are expensive . Ribbon tweeters are about "as good as it gets"in the tweeter world . Try buying a quality ribbon mike. And one of yours has been damaged-the FOIL- is crumpled that will definitely affect the high frequency reproduction and the person selling you them -MUST have known this.-A SINGLE replacement--$600.This is precision fitted so you cant just "plant" a bit of foil in its place.At high frequency you have to take in a lot of engineering variables.  

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back