TWag or Silver Moon?
Apr 20, 2011 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nachkebia

500+ Head-Fier
Hi

I am thinking of getting replacement for my lovely UM reshelled customs. But I am torn between TWag and Silver Dragon. Anyone has experience with both of them? is there any sonic difference? Honestly I don`t like how TWag looks, but they seem to be very popular so I am confused :)

Thank you!

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 8
If you don't like the look of the Twag, just get the Silver Dragon. I have it and think it's a very high quality cable. And, really, the cable sounds great, so if there is any sound differenece that someone might reccomend, it's likely to be simply a matter of preference, which you ultimately may or may not share.

If you decide that you don't like it, which I doubt, you probably won't have trouble selling it.

Cheers,

Happy Silver Dragon user.

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 8
I personally would buy thew Twag for its looks, and is nice quality. I wouldent buy the Silver Moon because it look bulker and isnt as nice looking
rolleyes.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #4 of 8
I personally like silver moons simple look :rolleyes: but how about the sound?

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 8
I just got a Silver Dragon cable from JH Audio for my JH16s. Personally I think it did change the sound. Its cleaner in the mids and highs but sadly to me it cut some of the bass out of the 16's. Bass is cleaner but less than it is with the stock cable. Overall I like the durability of the cable alot better than the one JH uses.

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
I just got a Silver Dragon cable from JH Audio for my JH16s. Personally I think it did change the sound. Its cleaner in the mids and highs but sadly to me it cut some of the bass out of the 16's. Bass is cleaner but less than it is with the stock cable. Overall I like the durability of the cable alot better than the one JH uses.

Congrats, i personally never knew JH sold Moon Audio cables
confused_face(1).gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 8
JH Audio just recently started selling the Moon Audio Cables(within the last month or so). It is priced at the same $175 you would pay direct but you cant get any custom work. Its a straight 48 inch long silver dragon with a right angle mini jack. Apparently Jerry took some of the Silver Dragon Cables into the lab and tested them and since there was a noticeable (they say a 3db increase overall) difference in sound quality he started selling them. I think he even kitted out some of the performers they endorse he liked the cables so well.

Apr 29, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 8
I just got my new cable "Silver sonic" - Beat Audio Earphone Cable from unique melody for 160$(20% off) normaly cost 199$.
Damn the cable is solid nice quality, good looking.
The improvement in Sound Quality is definitely there (oohh Yeah!), i was none cable believer.
It can`t get so much better SQ then this with recable.
Buyed them because the socket cable broke.

I was going to buy Twag or Silver Dragon Cable, but they are pricey.
Unique Melody fix the customs duty, and shipping internasjonal didnt cost more then 10$ with EMS.
Saved 100$ on this, Sweeeet

Going to write about it and post some pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back