TWag meet iMod - iMod meet TWag
Apr 27, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #33 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting more Black Gates in so more pre orders will be available. i will PM those on the list!!

Craig

If there is still room, I'd like to be on the list. Just put the 240G HD in my iPod and will be sending it to RWA soon. It would be perfect timing.

thanks,
Mas

Apr 29, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #35 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting more Black Gates in so more pre orders will be available. i will PM those on the list!!

Craig

I will take one Craig

May 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #36 of 51
OK..

I think I have PM'ed everyone with ordering info. I'm starting the building process. Please allow at least 7 days since these are a bit longer to make than a regular LOD and I'm backed up form being on vacation.

Thanks!
Craig

May 4, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #37 of 51
Hi Craig, I just sent you a PM to be included for the pre-order of the iMod TWag LOD (Blackgates).

I've attached a jpg for your consideration.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

May 7, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #39 of 51
So, I finally got my iMod LOD from Craig last evening, despite every effort by USPS to screw up the delivery.  I plugged the sucker into my Protector/iMod combo and fired it up...
gs1000.gif

I threw everything at it and my initial impression is that it is at least as good out of the box as my $195 ALO TP OCC X Silver iMod Cable with 250 hours on it, but a lot more flexible and easier to live with.  It also allows proper connectivity to my off-center mini-input equipped Protector, unlike the ALO because of it's length.  Most incredible to me is not just the SQ, but that I didn't experience any narrower soundstage on reference live recordings like the Jazz in the Pawnshop K2HD-mastered album.

Here is a low-res pic of the current portable rig with the All-TWag setup with the JH13 Pros, but I did test it with the JH16 Pros as well, with equally impressive results.  Craig recommended at least 300 hours of burn-in and I shudder to think what this all-TWag synergy may be able to accomplish especially in balanced mode from the Protector once it really opens up.

Based on my initial impressions, beg, borrow or steal, but get one of these puppies for your iMod, especially if you already using TWag recabled 'phones.

May 10, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #40 of 51
Can't wait to get mine (and my balanced cables back).  I am sure it will be great.  Craig, any luck there?

May 11, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #42 of 51
Got my iMod cable yesterday, I did not do any sound comparison with my old iMod cable yet as the TWag has only two hours at the most with it but I did not notice any degradation without burn in.  It is more flexible than the old one I got and fits better with the Protector's off center input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back