TV shows you wish would die
Oct 24, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #31 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER is a prime example of a show that really should have kicked the bucket decades ago (likely when Clooney left). I still watch it 'cuz I'm a moronic TV junkie, and in fact it is better than it's been in years, but it really should be put out of its misery.

a show has to actually be going for decades to kick the bucket "decades ago".. ER has only been going for 13 years

Oct 24, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #34 of 87
Some of you naysayers take these things way too seriously
wink.gif
"Jack Bauer Power Hour".... brilliant.

ALL TELEVISION SHOULD BE CANCELED FOREVER.

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #35 of 87
Those weight loss shows. My mother is obese and she just sits around watching those shows, she loves watching them. I know other people who have the same situation.

Can't understand how sitting in front of a TV watching other obese people try and lose weight will help a obese person lose weight.

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #36 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by unkle11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know alot of people are going to hate me for this but, family guy.. and then american dad, it really is not funny at all. poorly executed humor, i guess the frat boy types might like it... but we all have to grow up sometime

I agree with you on this one. Although I did like the show in it's first seasons (before it was canceled) but once it came back it just wasn't as good.

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #38 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by yage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER. A train wreck ever since "Goose" kicked the bucket. He knew when to leave.

Is "Goose" Anthony Edwards? If so, I heartily agree. Once the show lost its anchor, it was all she wrote.

I'd like to see cancelled:
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and stop the alumni from making movies)
ALL reality shows spanning Idol to Survivor and every idiotic stop inbetween, save Ultimate Fighter
Family Guy (not funny at all)
American Dad (see Family Guy)
ALL "adult humor" cartoons ala Family Guy & American Dad, save King Of The Hill
Cavemen (will happen soon enough)
ALL "I see ghosts" shows (hard to admire the beauty of Ms. Hewitt when you've fallen asleep from boredom)
The entire MTV and Spike networks, save UFC programming
Doctor Steve-O (how low does one's IQ have to be to watch this?)
Deal or No Deal
Daytime talk shows
Soap Operas
Two and a Half Men
Weeds (can't stand show that glorify drugs/criminals)
Reaper
Brotherhood (see Weeds)
Masters Of Horror (masters my a**, this stuff is awful)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few dozen, this is just off the top of my head
icon10.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #39 of 87
I think they outta trash everything on the Cartoon Network and Nick and start over!

Only thing worth watching for kids is Spongebob.
blink.gif

Everything else wants them to grow up too early, get into trouble, learn to make rude bodily noises and pick their noses!

...and realize that their Dads are just a bunch of dumb guys who's only real reason for living is handing out plastic so they can go shopping!

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #41 of 87
Surviver man (wife loves it.. I hate hate hate it.)
Ghost hunters (see above)
most reality stuff.
anything Idol
beauty and the geek.
we have 2 DVR's and 2 tvs lol.

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #42 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just don't get how poeple could be soooo uptight that they think Family Guy isn't funny. I pity the fools.

Corrected.

Family Guy is OK, I guess. A lot of episodes are boring beyond belief, but some scenes really are funny. I remember the end of one episode (that was pretty average), where Stewie and Brian needed to get home after the adventure (something about selling rupert and skiing), so Stewie asks Brian if he still has the starter gun. Cut to the inside of a car and a rather intense carjacking scene
biggrin.gif

Good Stuff.

EK

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #43 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Corrected.

Family Guy is OK, I guess. A lot of episodes are boring beyond belief, but some scenes really are funny. I remember the end of one episode (that was pretty average), where Stewie and Brian needed to get home after the adventure (something about selling rupert and skiing), so Stewie asks Brian if he still has the starter gun. Cut to the inside of a car and a rather intense carjacking scene
biggrin.gif

Good Stuff.

EK

I did not type "fools", I typed "I pitty their souls"!

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #44 of 87
Quote:

I just don't get how poeple could be soooo uptight that they think Family Guy isn't funny. I pitty their souls.

See. And if you go back to see this actual post you'll see it wasn't edited either.

Don't put words in my mouth!

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #45 of 87
Quote:

I just don't get how poeple could be soooo uptight that they think Family Guy isn't funny. I pitty their souls.

Uptight doesn't factor in, it simply isn't funny. Cartoons seem to be exempt from any kind of logic whatsoever, which is fine if you're 4 and want to watch Bugs Bunny smash Paul Puma over the head with a mallet.

I look at it this way, if Family Guy was a live actor show, would anyone find it funny? Probably not, which is why it isn't funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back