TV be gone!
Oct 21, 2004 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Sugano-san

1000+ Head-Fier
This may have been posted before, and if yes, my apologies. But even if, it may be worth being posted twice.

This genius has developed a one-button remote control capable of switching off virtually all TVs of virtually all brands in your immediate vicinity.

From WIRED: "When activated, it spends over a minute flashing out 209 different codes to turn off televisions, the most popular brands first."

Click the following links:

Article from WIRED.

TV-B-Gone homepage.

What a man!

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 28
It doesn't seem right somehow to exercise your wishes on everybody else like that. But I want one right away.

G

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
is it a remote or something you can put in ur pocket?

sounds like one could have alot of fun messing with people...lol hehe

You mean like in Best Buy or Circuit City type places?
tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 28
It clips onto your keychain and has a single "off" button. It does take about a minute to cycle through all the codes though and could turn on some TVs because they only have one generic "power on/off" code.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 28
Heh...this can make you seriously unpopular
tongue.gif

Imagine - turning off all the tv's in your apartment complex with one button, turning off all the tvs in your dorm/apartment at a crucial point in the game - of course you turn yours back on soon enough but the others are still wondering What and they miss the magical moments
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:04 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingemt
It doesn't seem right somehow to exercise your wishes on everybody else like that.

I am against it too. That's why I ordered one, just to reduce the number of available units...

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #11 of 28
With my prior PDA I was able to control most Sony TVs. It was fun to change the channels and lower the volume at some restaurants and other public places.
icon10.gif

But this device is good, I'd go into Best Buy and turn everything off.
Quote:

could turn on some TVs because they only have one generic "power on/off" code.

yea, that would be a problem.

Oct 21, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #13 of 28
Way back in the day, I wired up an infrared led into my psion organiser (the original PDA), and sampled a few stereo remote controls. The best effect was to have it turn on after two minutes and continuously turn up the stereo's volume - great fun in the uni dorms
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back