Turtlebeach Earforce Z2 headset, needing help with the basics.
Nov 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

resevil83

New Head-Fier
So I read a re-cabling thread from one of the forum members on the Beyerdynamic DT 770's and that led to me repairing my very own set of DT770's. I am so grateful of that post and the encouragement on the forum. I'm a pretty handy person, have all the soldering equipment and I am a+ certified so I know my way around motherboards and small circuitry. 

To get to the point, my friend's headset broke and I told him I'd take a look at them. I figured it was a loose wire and just a quick re-solder job . I opened up one earphone and there were two wires. The connections seemed fine, but I re-soldered them anyway. The other side closest to the cable  (left side earphone) had 7,8,9 or 10 wires! I got confused really quick. I have attached photos for you guys to see, and maybe you could tell me what's wrong? 

The right earphone has one red wire and one copper colored wire. They are soldered to the farthest left contact point on the driver and the farthest right contact point on the driver with two empty contacts in between them. 

The headphone cables from the right come out into the left earphone. The copper colored connection is soldered down to a contact all the way on the left of the driver board. On that same contact another copper color wire is coming off of it going to the main cabling which attaches to the volume control knob and eventually the 3.5mm jacks. One red for the mic and one green for the headphone connections.
The red wire from the right earphone is connected to a blue wire which is encased in a thin rubber sleeve. The blue wire is coming from the "main cable." Again the main cable is what connects to the volume control knob and the two 3.5 mini jacks.

Also from the main cable there is a green wire which is soldered all alone on the furthest right hand connection of the left earphone driver board. It seems like the main cable also has a red wire that seems like it belongs somewhere. but it is just severed and hanging there at the very tip of the cable run. I did not find any wire in the earphone encasement so I'm not sure if that is the way it's supposed to be.

Any help would be appreciated. I could not find any schematics and need help with where these wires should go, and how to figure out where the problem lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back