turtle beach x1 vs x3?
Oct 3, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 7
I work for Turtle Beach and I think that they both have the similar audio quality but different features.

The X1 is wired and has the core feature set for our Xbox gaming headphones. It will combine game audio and chat and has independent control over the volume of both. Allowing you to set the level of online chat you prefer to game audio.

The X3 is wireless has all of the X1 features and has some great new ones:

Dynamic Talkback Level Control - automatically adjusts Xbox® Live chat levels during loud moments, so chat from teammates isn't lost in the exciting parts of your game.

Microphone Monitoring - Just like a telephone, the X3 mixes a portion of the microphone signal into the headphone signal, so you can hear some of your voice along with the online chatting and game audio.

Automatic Power Shut-off - When you're done playing, just put them down and they'll automatically shut off after a few minutes of silence. I hope that this information helps with you decision.

Ear Force X3
lambda.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 7
They all have comparable game sound quality. The biggest difference will be the control of the Xbox Live chat. The X1 and the X3 both have separate volume control for the Live chat. This can make the Xbox Live play sound much better as you do not have to rely on the chat volume control in the game (if there is any) to set the chat to where it is comfortable. The X3 takes it a step further and adds Chat Boost that always make sure that the Xbox Live chat volume level is raised above the game sound as it gets louder. There are some other differences but this is biggest that affects the over all sound experience.

Ear Force X3
lambda.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Hello everyone,

Sorry for bringing up such an old post, but I just wanted to point out that due to the feature where you can here what you're saying through the microphone, there's always a slight hiss running through the headphones.

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 7
can u get an adapter to connect a mic to the xbox controller?

none of these gamer headset seem to be good,, i wonder if a modded mic from xbox controller would be much better if possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back