Turning the volume down
Jul 18, 2006 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aufeuer

100+ Head-Fier
I'm finding myself listening at much lower volumes lately. I used to listen at around 70% to 75% of my player's volume. Now I'm at 50%. The thing is that my perception of this volume level is almost the same as when it was much louder before, meaning I draw the same amount of satisfaction from it. I guess that's a good thing for my ears.
eggosmile.gif

Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Jul 18, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 6
I'm quite the opposite. Although I listen to lower volumes when I can hear them (no background noise, or I have isolation), if there's a song I'm really into, I may turn up the volume so I can get really into it. Louder volumes are more involving for me.

Jul 18, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz
I'm quite the opposite. Although I listen to lower volumes when I can hear them (no background noise, or I have isolation), if there's a song I'm really into, I may turn up the volume so I can get really into it. Louder volumes are more involving for me.

Exactly same here. Unfortunately I now suffer from permanent tinnitus because of it. But that's because all the songs I listen to I really get into!

Jul 18, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Dont feel alone with the volume reduction. I see my volume creeping down alot lately. As my rig has gained power and resolution volume isnt as necessary to resolve detail. just my two cents.

Jul 18, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 6
After getting my first set of E3's I find myself keeping the volume down alot more now. I can get the detail and enjoyment out of my music at lower volumes with these better sounding IEM's. Never had such nice earbuds before....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back