Turning headphone to a wireless headset
Jul 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PurpleCow

Head-Fier
So I bought the Sony GOLD wireless headset but did not like it so I returned it. I have a Sennheiser HD598, I was wondering if there is a way to turn it into a wireless headset. Reason being i don't want a cable running from my ps4 to my couch and I don't really want to use the headphone jack on the ps4 controller.

I was thinking if there is a way to make it wireless could be a transmitter next to my coffee table that communicates with another amp thats plugged into my ps4? is that possible?

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Sadly, turning a headphone into a wireless headset isn't really possible yet. Products like this just haven't caught on. It's probably because it requires a lot of components in a very small package. You would have a Bluetooth receiver, DAC, and amplifier hanging from your headphone's 3.5mm socket. Eventually, I believe that the technology will catch on, but for now, there are very few options.
Try googling: "3.5mm audio receiver" or "3.5mm audio transmitter." Most of the results you get are for car audio, but there are actually some related to headphones.
Here is one from Amazon for example: http://www.amazon.com/AudioMate-AM8112-Wireless-Digital-Adapter/dp/B00B7ID99S
The receiver looks big and unwieldy.. I'm not even sure that it will connect properly to the HD598, but it is apparently made for headphones.

Looking for a desktop solution is just as difficult. There are a ton of Bluetooth receivers for smartphones, but not really anything that would transmit your PS4's audio. 
Sorry I can't be of much help.
confused.gif
 I've actually been wanting something like this as well. I wish you the best of luck!

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 5
Sadly, turning a headphone into a wireless headset isn't really possible yet. Products like this just haven't caught on. It's probably because it requires a lot of components in a very small package. You would have a Bluetooth receiver, DAC, and amplifier hanging from your headphone's 3.5mm socket. Eventually, I believe that the technology will catch on, but for now, there are very few options.

Try googling: "3.5mm audio receiver" or "3.5mm audio transmitter." Most of the results you get are for car audio, but there are actually some related to headphones.

Here is one from Amazon for example: http://www.amazon.com/AudioMate-AM8112-Wireless-Digital-Adapter/dp/B00B7ID99S

The receiver looks big and unwieldy.. I'm not even sure that it will connect properly to the HD598, but it is apparently made for headphones.

Looking for a desktop solution is just as difficult. There are a ton of Bluetooth receivers for smartphones, but not really anything that would transmit your PS4's audio. 

Sorry I can't be of much help.
confused.gif
 I've actually been wanting something like this as well. I wish you the best of luck!

No worries man, thank you for the reply.

It's just so difficult to get a great quality headset with wifi. I can go with the astro a50 but I've read those arent that good either

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 5
I guess that there hasn't been an outcry for high quality equipment like this. We audiophiles should join together and build something that could stream nice audio(Kleer, anyone?) to our headphones.
I could imagine Moon Audio building different versions of it for each headphone out there..the M80, Q701, etc.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 5
I am really interested in it too. It is really difficult to turn every single headphones to wireless. I recently saw a gadget named btunes on kickstarter. It applies to those headphones with standard 3.5mm or 2.5mm jack on. It is great, isn't it? At least someone think about it and try to make it happen. And it is ok for some audiophile headphones like ATHM50x as it is listed. Looks forward to see more cool stuffs coming out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back