TurboDock II
Dec 3, 2005 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

tim_j_thomas

100+ Head-Fier
I received a TurboDock II and mini cable from TURBO yesterday and thought I would post a brief review.

First of all, I must say that I was sceptical that the use of the iPod line out would make that much of a difference. But since I just received my Grado SR-80s and PA2V2 amp, why not?

This morning I listened to Mozart's Piano Concerto #21. First with the SR-80s and PA2V2 and then using the TurboDock II and mini cable.

Wow -- what a difference!!!

Using the TurboDock II and mini cable, Mozart was "warmer" and "fuller" sounding.

I'm very new to this and not quite sure how to express the difference, but it is very noticeable. I highly recommend the TurboDock II and mini cable. They made me a believer.

Dec 3, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #7 of 59
it looks like the turbodock II is the same as the I, except with nicer housing. if that's the case i'm happy with my I! if it's much better, uh oh...

Dec 3, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 59
Yah, the built quality is a lot better, but by talking to Turbo, because he has no old turbodock with him, he can not comment on the sound between the two. However, I believe the two should sound very similiar to each other.

However, good thing is that it is not too expensive, I guess I will order another one once it is available again. By the way, the old turbodock already makes a huge difference. The bass is a lot stronger.

Dec 3, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by armaniwearr
i'm sure he's just waiting for the next batch of parts to come in, and i think its too soon for the TURBOdock III

I received a PM from Turbo today, and he said he is waiting for parts and expects to have them within a week.

Dec 4, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #12 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead
I have a TurboDockII and I love it. Definitely prefer the sound of the TurboDock to the PocketDock.

Mine along with a RA mini cable should be arriving on Monday. I've been using a pocketdock/Cardas mini to mini, this new stuff should be really interesting.

Dec 4, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #13 of 59
While my TD I worked fine the TD II is big improvement. I haven't determined whether there is any sound difference (and probably won't bother). I believe moving to the II is worthwhile based on build quality alone. I didn't have any problems with the TD I but felt the plastic connector didn't feel as secure when connected as the TD II. The II is a more solid connection which I feel is important when connecting aftermarket cables which put additional stress on the dock.

Dec 4, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
This looks really top-notch- does it work with the 3g ipod?

yes it will. any ipod with a dock connector (3g and up)

i need to decide if this is worth the upgrade from my TD 1. i am very happy with the size and sound of my TD, but the higher build quality is tempting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back