Turbocharging the KSC-75
Apr 11, 2007 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

saint.panda

Headphoneus Supremus
I just realized that I love and use this clip-on more than everything else.

What things can be done to improve the sound of the KSC-35/75? Maybe a cable upgrade? Add impedance? Which amps synergise the best with the KSC-75?

I have a Total Bithead to use with the Macbook on the way but am open for other suggestions.

Thanks!

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 19
Did you Kramer-mod them?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126234

I haven't done it to mine yet becuas I'm too lazy (
tongue.gif
), but if you don't like it, it's only $10 for a new one!

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 19
The Cramer mod is quite popular

There are also a couple of recabled ksc 75's around, you could probably find some impressions about those if you did a search

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 19
source upgrade. I recently found that the KSC75's sound vastly superior on my EMU 0202 as opposed to my creative Zen mp3 player, Live! soundcard or TBAAM or any of the above with the LDM+.

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 19
Lol, Hydrocity wired his KSC35's with SPC and left them unterminated to run through his T-Amp. They were surprisingly very good with huge bass impact. But I'd be a bit worried running it straight out of the T-Amp though.

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

They snap right into the sportapro headband, if you don't like the earclips.

Wow! I hadn't been aware of that one. Is that an official feature, or is that something that you found out about? It would be great to see before and after shots....

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #11 of 19
reacable, kramer mod/grill mod, amp them, add impedence

theres a lot of choices

personally, the ksc75 work great with the supermacro w/ impedence +75 and bass boost

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! I hadn't been aware of that one. Is that an official feature, or is that something that you found out about? It would be great to see before and after shots....

sure I'll post some pics tonight
icon10.gif
its a fun headphone, my favorite non-isolating portable, second to the PK1 actually.

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
personally, the ksc75 work great with the supermacro w/ impedence +75 and bass boost

I second this. Nice combination. I had Drew re-cable mine with a Blue Dragon and the difference is amazing: greater transparency and clarity; better frequency range; even some soundstage going on!

A bit over the top, I know, but it was worth it to me. I use these more at home than my DT880s and AKK501s.

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had Drew re-cable mine with a Blue Dragon and the difference is amazing: greater transparency and clarity; better frequency range; even some soundstage going on!

A bit over the top, I know, but it was worth it to me. I use these more at home than my DT880s and AKK501s.

That sounds intriguing. How much did the recabling job set you back?

I'll look into the Kramer mod as well.

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sure I'll post some pics tonight
icon10.gif
its a fun headphone, my favorite non-isolating portable, second to the PK1 actually.

Looking forword to it. I put it on some old sony street style even drilled big holes on it, but it still changes how it sounds completely so I put those clips back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back