turbo dock/sik din etc- worth buying if using no amp? just iem on own
Jan 19, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 12
if you aren't going to use an amp, you won't need the analog line out through the dock. if you try to plug an IEM directly into such a line out, bad things might happen...

Jan 19, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
if you try to plug an IEM directly into such a line out, bad things might happen...

More emphasis please, you can BUST YOUR EARS doing this.
etysmile.gif

I do know though that there are several people on this board using one of those shure attenuator-thingies with their iPods' lineouts so they have volume control.

Jan 20, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 12
Is there any advantage to doing that?

Jan 20, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 12
Cleaner signal. Some will argue that the line-signal is not supposed to drive phones (if I remember correctly), but I'd say if you feel like it - try it. Just be careful.

Jan 20, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 12
I tried the pocketdock straight to ER6i/and HD600, and let me just tell you, I tried removing those freaking ER6i's out as soon as I could.

Oh, this question is for Oliver: Did you like the movie Aeon Flux? I haven't seen the anime, but thought the movie was one of the worst films ever made. Perhaps animations should stay animations...

Jan 21, 2006 at 11:05 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by geforcewong
I tried the pocketdock straight to ER6i/and HD600, and let me just tell you, I tried removing those freaking ER6i's out as soon as I could.

You've been warned.

Quote:

Oh, this question is for Oliver: Did you like the movie Aeon Flux? I haven't seen the anime, but thought the movie was one of the worst films ever made. Perhaps animations should stay animations...

Now will you cut it please?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
The movie isn't even out here yet! I don't want to hear a WORD about it until I see it.

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Now will you cut it please?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
The movie isn't even out here yet! I don't want to hear a WORD about it until I see it.

By the time you get to see it in a theater the DVD will be out already
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

By the time you get to see it in a theater the DVD will be out already
evil_smiley.gif

They say there are quite a few things to like about Europe though.

Jan 25, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #11 of 12
line outs are not designed for headphones. you may blow out some fairly expensive headphones by plugging them directly into a line out, especially if they are fairly sensitive.

Jan 25, 2006 at 9:13 AM Post #12 of 12
Use the volume attenuator.

By theory, less crap between the signal provides clean output. That's why the lineout sounds cleaner than the volume out. Now if you'd like to use the line-out but havent got the funds (yet) for an amp, use the volume attenuator or you'll bust the phone drivers and your ear drums. It actually works. Tried the volume attenuator now w/o amp. Sounds good if your phones are efficient. But just a small volume adjustment gives some iem's LOUD volumes so be extra careful. Make sure the volume is in zero when you plug it to the dock, then gradually adjust your volume up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back