Turbines went through the wash
Apr 20, 2010 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Loser777

Head-Fier
I left my Turbines in a jacket, and they went through the wash - both washing and drying.
frown.gif
(this actually happened a few months ago, just haven't been active for a while)... They actually still work, and I haven't noticed any horrific change in their sound or anything. What's the prognosis?

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 7
Let them sit for 24 hours at least to be extra sure there is no water left. As long as you do that, you should be fine with no changes to the sound at all. Never ever operate them when they could be wet, that is when damage occurs. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is possibly premature cable aging. I've left many an IEM in the wash or dropped them in water, and the only time damage has occurred is when they were operated while still wet. The rest have all survived perfectly fine.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let them sit for 24 hours at least to be extra sure there is no water left. As long as you do that, you should be fine with no changes to the sound at all. Never ever operate them when they could be wet, that is when damage occurs. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is possibly premature cable aging.

Yeah, this happened a few months ago, and I let them sit for well over 24 hours... and they were completely dry by the time I used them. Should I be okay then?

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #5 of 7
the prognosis(what?) is that electric equipment doesn't actually get damaged by water when there is no electricity going through them. They must have been dried but not killed by the 65 C googled temperature of the dryer you put them in afterwards.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #6 of 7
Exactly, as long as there is no electricity or physical damage somehow, no damage should occur. That's the idea with taking the battery out of your phone if it gets dropped in the sink etc, or beverages spilled on a laptop, etc etc. Pull the battery, let it dry for a long time, and pray no damage occurred while the electricity was still present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back