Turbines vs. IE6 vs. IE7
Apr 10, 2009 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Freddie_shreddie

New Head-Fier
I listen to mostly metal with some rap. They need to have clear highs with accurate hard hitting bass.
Also please don't say "get the IE8" I simply can't afford it, unless...
someone wants to sell a pair <$200

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 9
ie7, youll get the best of both worlds with the ie7 from what ive read. i havent heard the ie6 or turbines, but based on what i read, ie7 would be the best for u.

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 9
Check out JR electronics for the IE7 under $200.

Apr 10, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsatmans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had the IE8 and Turbines. I have to say for the money i enjoy the turbines more they are just fun to listen to. They are not as accurate as the ie8 but in terms of bass it is pushing the limits of IEM.

that's an interesting comment, do you mean turbine's bass is even deeper than IE8 with the bass tuning?

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's an interesting comment, do you mean turbine's bass is even deeper than IE8 with the bass tuning?

No. I own both currently (as well as the Atrios) and the Turbines have neither deeper bass nor do they hit harder than the IE8s. The Turbines are fun and sound very good for $100 headphones but they're not in the same league as the IE8s with regards to bass, treble, soundstage or accuracy.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Yeah for the price Turbines are good, but can't really compete with IE8 pretty much throughout the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back