Turbine ,Sf5eb or F5pro?
Sep 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

henrylee

100+ Head-Fier
Ive been changing my mine between turbine and sf5eb around 3,4 times deciding what i really want .

Turbine and sf5eb both retail for around the same price and both retail for the same price ,i heard that both of their cs is crap in general.I listen to mainly metal ,alternative/rock .I have the se110 and i like the fit of the foam tips ,i like thumpy bass as longs as they dosnt ruin the highs and mids.

Also is the sf5eb silicon tips like the cx300?

and in your opnion which iem is best for value ?

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 13
The UE SF5EB are more bass heavy than Turbine but without loosing details. Turbine has more mids with deep rich crisp bass and 5pro are more detailed with deep bass. I will also recomand C710 they are in same price with deep rich bass and it's reverb. Themids and highs are much clearer and has more resolution than above three IEMs.

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 13
Thanks for the replies ,after searching some info i found that Ue had shortened there warranty from 2 years to 1 year
frown.gif
.So i guess thats out of the question ...

I guess is monster turbine for me
smily_headphones1.gif
btw before i purchase them do you think they are worth 119gbp=usd192 in uk <= wow that seems alot actuallly,do you think they are worth that much?

ive also been looking at ie7 which is the same price in uk are they better then turbines ?
thanx in advance

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Yes, UE shortened the warranty after being purchased by Logitech although the SF5pro's are probably the better balanced and more suited IMHO. They have a nice warm, full sound although too mid-bass heavy for my liking and the ergonomics/size are still heavily debated. Not everyone obtains a nice, comfortable fit with them.

If you love bass, save for the W3. Although, for the record, I prefer the SE530.

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 13
I have sf.5 pro, and i love them.

after a while they sorta "open up" to bass, and give plenty of it. In fact, i can't imagine what the "extra bass" is like, and how they can possibly fit more without loosing accuracy.

i'd go SF.5 pro if you're considering it.

the issue i went to CS for was that my cables oxidized to the point where SQ was affected. to summarize my experience, they dragged me along for a couple of weeks, only to notify me that my warranty ended a week before i started the CS process.

i ended up buying a spare cable for $20, and i'm quite happy with it.

The other option, as stated above, is the Westone 1. if you've got time on your hands, i'd say wait for the release and reviews. i'm sure they wont take too long, because there are probably plenty of people waiting for the release. you should get impressions of them fairly quickly. they're bound to be good.

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #11 of 13
I own the EBs, and if it's bass quantity and impact you want, the Atrios and IE8 (tried both briefly) should fit the bill. Not sure about their warranty though. Can't comment on IE7 as I haven't heard it.

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #12 of 13
i was under the impression that the IE7 is less bassy then IE8/6 ?

i prefer the SF5 pro over the IE6 tho :p

Sep 18, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #13 of 13
I owned the UE Super.fi Pro 5's for a few years, and I really like their sound signature, but the truly abysmal ergonomic issues (ridiculously stiff cable, Frankenstein plugs sticking out of your head, only after market disposable foam tips allowed a good seal) made me uninterested in replacing them. Perhaps things have changed since my version.

I got the Turbines just yesterday, and I think that they are just a touch too boomy in the midbass, sacrificing too much bass definition and overall crispness. And at nearly 200 USD in your country, I think that they are a poor choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back