1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tubeaholic

1. guzziguy
    My name is Ken and I am a tubeaholic. Ever since I bought my first tube head amp last October, I've lusted after getting new tubes, owning tubes, listening to tubes and watching tubes glow. I've wormed one of a lister's favorite tube dealer out of him and have made multiple buys. I comb the Amplifier and Cable for sale forums looking for tubes to buy. I've coveted my neighbor's tubes.

By recent count, I have 51 tubes. And I have 10 more on the way. That's not a lot compared to some people, but I acquired all of them in since last October. What's worse is my amp can only use 3 of them at a time! [​IMG]

My name is Ken and I am a tubeaholic. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Hi-Finthen
    Your support group is always here willing and able to enable your tube collecting obsession...

lol[​IMG]

3. Samgotit
    Ken, I have purchased old oscilloscopes off Ebay for the sole purpose of picking out their tubes. I did it for the prurient interest of the tubes themselves; that is, I had no intention of using them in audio gear. I just wanted to be surprised at what I'd get. Actually, there's a lot of fun shapes in old electronics. But anyway, tubes have that stuff that triggers a collection instinct. I like to put a bunch in my hands and roll them around each other like a pirate would do with pieces of eight. Put all your tubes in a candy dish and see how cool that is!!!

In the reflection off the getter, of the tube below, is another tubeaholic. Yee-Haw!

[​IMG]