Tubeaholic
Jun 12, 2007 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

guzziguy

1000+ Head-Fier
My name is Ken and I am a tubeaholic. Ever since I bought my first tube head amp last October, I've lusted after getting new tubes, owning tubes, listening to tubes and watching tubes glow. I've wormed one of a lister's favorite tube dealer out of him and have made multiple buys. I comb the Amplifier and Cable for sale forums looking for tubes to buy. I've coveted my neighbor's tubes.

By recent count, I have 51 tubes. And I have 10 more on the way. That's not a lot compared to some people, but I acquired all of them in since last October. What's worse is my amp can only use 3 of them at a time!
eek.gif

My name is Ken and I am a tubeaholic.
wink.gif
blink.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 3
Your support group is always here willing and able to enable your tube collecting obsession...

lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 3
Ken, I have purchased old oscilloscopes off Ebay for the sole purpose of picking out their tubes. I did it for the prurient interest of the tubes themselves; that is, I had no intention of using them in audio gear. I just wanted to be surprised at what I'd get. Actually, there's a lot of fun shapes in old electronics. But anyway, tubes have that stuff that triggers a collection instinct. I like to put a bunch in my hands and roll them around each other like a pirate would do with pieces of eight. Put all your tubes in a candy dish and see how cool that is!!!

In the reflection off the getter, of the tube below, is another tubeaholic. Yee-Haw!

tubaholic.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back