Tube Switching for Tube CD Players Question
Feb 25, 2007 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Hershon2000

100+ Head-Fier
I'm very new to the world of tube CD players, having just bought a Jolida JD-100 a month ago that I'm in love with when used with my Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 Tube Buffer & I Just bought a second one for my living room also coupled with the Tube Buffer & identical speaker & receivers set up in both
rooms (first one is in my bedroom). The first Jolida had JJ EEC83-S tubes & produced for me the perfect sweet sound. The second Jolida came with the stock tubes & I just ordered several different pairs including the JJ EEC83-S. I listen almost always through speakers & my question is, 1. Is there a break in period for new tubes & 2. Should you buy tubes in matched pairs? I'm asking this because when I put the JJ EC83 Tubes in the second player, it sounded alot different then my living room & I don't think it all comes down to acoustics. Is there in fact a break in period? Anything I can do to speed up the process?

Also on the Jolida & even the MF Tube Buffer, am I going to get a better sound if I leave them always on, albeit this will wear down the tubes much faster, or does this in fact not matter to the sound?

Appreciate any answers from people who have had tube CD players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back