Tube rolling
Apr 7, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #226 of 231
This might have been true pre-covid.
I've been working from home over 2 years now. That dropped my commute from 30 miles one way, to zero.
The first year, it was 4 or 5 months before I refilled my gas tank. After 2 years worth, I average about 4 months to the tank. So, to compare:

$2700/year (@$4) pre pandemic
$357/year (@$7) post pandemic
Save $2343/year (working from home, even with $7 gallon gas)
Not everyone can work from home thou...

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #227 of 231
but ok you seem to know better of what I enjoy . thanks for pointing this out.
He’s not “pointing this out”, you are! Castleofargh (and me) are going entirely on what YOU have stated is your preference. You just don’t seem to realise what you have pointed out!

G

Apr 8, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #228 of 231
This might have been true pre-covid.
I've been working from home over 2 years now. That dropped my commute from 30 miles one way, to zero.
The first year, it was 4 or 5 months before I refilled my gas tank. After 2 years worth, I average about 4 months to the tank. So, to compare:

$2700/year (@$4) pre pandemic
$357/year (@$7) post pandemic
Save $2343/year (working from home, even with $7 gallon gas)

Logistics and lots of products are highly tied to oil prices and it actually inflates nearly everything. Maybe another lockdown will be put in place to control price surge, but this will further deepen supply issues.

Demand for audio gear can suffer once average consumer will be forced to
spend more on necessary goods, but prices for quality products will still trend upwards due to manufacturing costs

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #229 of 231
I've recently started looking at the sunrise 2 amp. And have seen mention of tube rolling. What is the science behind this. Does it make a difference to sound or is it as pointless as changing cables?
Cheers
Tubes indeed can sound a bit differently - even two from the same batch, with identically measured currents etc., since the tube spec list is much wider than just currents alone (and not everything that can affect sound is actually documented), while production tolerances are quite wide :)

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #230 of 231
at what price point i can reasonably roll tubes?

kinda curious how tube equipment really sounds but i dont wanna spend hundred of euros on tubes to be honest

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #231 of 231
A hundred million dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back