tube rolling help (6H8C tube)
Sep 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

satan4u

New Head-Fier
I'm new to the whole tube rolling thing and want to start getting into it, so this is my first tube roll for my amp

I came across some "NOS Soviet 6H8C / 6SN7 / 6SN7GT" on ebay and I know for the woo wa6 you need an adapter for 6SN7 however I am unsure if these tubes will work in my amp
I have searched and found that the 6H8C is a substitute for the 6SN7
but has anyone had experience with these tubes and this amp?
and is it just as easy as removing the adapter to go back to normal tubes without the adapter?

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 8
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 8
He is looking for information on a tube, the 6H8C - not on his amplifier. Information about that tube, substitutes, etc. can be found on the Bottlehead Website. Unless I am missing something somewhere, I am confused about the value of the comment. Good listening, JS

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 8
He is looking for information on a tube, the 6H8C - not on his amplifier. Information about that tube, substitutes, etc. can be found on the Bottlehead Website. Unless I am missing something somewhere, I am confused about the value of the comment. Good listening, JS
He is looking to see if the tube will work for his amp.

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 8
Mr. chef8489,

Please accept my sincere apology. I am an old man and just did not adequately read the detail of his message before replying. I should have read it again after your reply, but alas I did not. Again, please accept my apology, JS

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 8
Mr. chef8489,

Please accept my sincere apology. I am an old man and just did not adequately read the detail of his message before replying. I should have read it again after your reply, but alas I did not. Again, please accept my apology, JS
No worries. Its all good.

To the op. I am not familiar with the amp in question but if the voltage is the same on the two tubes it should work fine. I am assuming you are wanting to change out the two tubes not the power tube. I know I can sub the 6sn7 for a 6922 in my vali 2 with an adapter fine. I would check out the wa6 tube rolling thread and post in there. Remember if you are doing the pair of tubes you need to swap both out for identical tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back