Tube problem
Apr 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ooztuncer

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I just changed my output tube from RCA 6AS7G to a western electric 421A. However, I am getting a constant volume level. I can't raise the volume even tough I am turning the volume knob to the max - means that tube is dead/dying? It lits really nice but volume?? by the way, amp is the darkvoice 336i... Any suggestions?

EDIT: one more thing if I hit the lowest volume level I am getting a very loud buzz.

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 5
Man, I am a frikkin stupid guy (friday syndrome)!!!!

I swap the tubes again (to old one) and nothing changed?? Trying to figure out what could have happened.

Then turned off the amp but i am still hearing the music! with exact same volume level...

Checked out the power cables - all set, and then VOILA! Realized that I connected the rca analog interconnects to output section rather than the input!

Stupid, stupid, stupid me!!!!!

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 5
That isn't stupid, I think everyone has done things like that. It is just life. Look at all the things we do right with all the variables and multitude of things we deal with. I am amazed that some people can walk and chew gum at the same time with everything that goes on in life.

Apr 21, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it's all fixed, fine and dandy?

Eeeeeeexcellent.... Go head-fi!

I know, right. Glad we could help ya OP!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back