Tube on Little Dot Mk 1+ fizzled, are these a good deal?
Jun 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rabu

New Head-Fier
As fearsome as I am to admit it, after a few weeks of owning my glorious Little Dot Mk 1+, one of my tubes has fizzled... I was suspicious of it the day I first powered it on but it wasn't so bothersome, just a faint "PSSSSOP PSSS" sound every once in a while after a few hours of use, and now the sound has unfortunately ceased in the channel I have the tube plugged in.

to verify, I AM sure it's the tube and not the amp, I cleaned them both up with alcohol and swapped the ports multiple times and the "PSSSOP" would only come from the side with the problem tube.

I'm using Grado SR80i's if that affects my choice here, but, I've read all over here that the Sylvania Gold Brand 408A's are a fantastic addition to this amp and I was wondering if these were the right set before I order.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160795432704

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Edit; Bah, I feel like such a fool, Ignore my pleas for help, I found the search function useful for once, most of the time it provides irrelevant information on any of the other forums I use. I apologize for the useless topic, I'll be sure to search more before I post something from here on out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back