Tube amplifier
Jul 27, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 18
What kind of budget and what headphones are you going to be using with it?

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 18
For those headphones and budget I would think a Hybrid Tube amp would be the safest bet. Not for sure what is available to you where you live that you will not be killed on import charges.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #6 of 18
The Cavalli Tube Hybrid from now Drop is a very good amp for the money. I wouldn’t call it a overly tubey sound but is a very good amp with decent power even for most of my planars and is one of my favorites with the HD-6XX’s. Another brand to look at is Garage 1217 the Project Ember is a bit over budget but is a very nice little amp and they have a few others. There are many in this price range and most I haven’t heard but this is a start.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 18
The Cavalli Tube Hybrid from now Drop is a very good amp for the money. I wouldn’t call it a overly tubey sound but is a very good amp with decent power even for most of my planars and is one of my favorites with the HD-6XX’s. Another brand to look at is Garage 1217 the Project Ember is a bit over budget but is a very nice little amp and they have a few others. There are many in this price range and most I haven’t heard but this is a start.
Yeah, i did a search myself and i found recommendations for Schiit Vali 2, Bravo Audio V3 and Ocean and Project Ember.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 18
Have not heard the Bravos but the Vali isn’t bad at all but the Project Ember is much better to me. Most Schiit amps I don’t really care for other than the Jotunheim, Mjolnir2 and Ragnrok 2 only one is a Tube amp and well over budget not that I’m a Schiit hater as I have a Yggdrasil, Freya,Mani , Magni3, Modi 3 and a couple of SYS’s.
Nobosound and Little Dot also make some budget hybrids as well. For me it would be the CTH or Project Ember but like I said that is me.

Jul 27, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #10 of 18
Thank you!
In the end i think i will go with Project Ember, for my ATH-MSR7B and probably it will work well with my future Beyerdynamic 1990 pro!
I think it is a very fine amp . I’m a planar fan and would suggest you look at a pair of planars also just a thought.

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #12 of 18
Yes I did say that didn’t I. For me a pair of HE-500’s and a CTH are just very very good.

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #13 of 18
Have you researched the Feliks Audio Echo?

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #15 of 18
Not sure you will find a very good pure tube amp with that budget....hybrid is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back