Tube Amp Suggestion for Grado SR225s
Jan 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

emremusic

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm new here and new to the audiophile world, and I'm need some help choosing some gear.

I'm professional jazz drummer, and I listen to 70% jazz, 30% classical. Being a jazz drummer, my ears naturally listen to the cymbals first. I will be listening to a lot of jazz combos...I would like to hear accuracy around the cymbals, but overall a warm sound.

Since I can't afford  great audiophile speakers , I'm thinking about purchasing a Grado 225s, and a headphone amp that will bring the most out of the music I'm listening to. My budget for the headphone amp is around $ 350.

I know this thread with this topic was introduced, but it is 5 years old, and market must have changed a bit since. 

Any help, guidance on this would be greatly appreciated, as this will be my very first headphone amp!!!

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 4
These are low impedance phones.  So, you need to go solid state ( a Matrix m-stage) or a tube amp with output transformers (someone else will have to chime in, all mine are output transformerless for high impedance phones).

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Check out the Little Dot line of amps. My SR325's work great with my Little Dot 1+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back