tube amp repair?
Mar 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 5
Could be a tube went and the fuse blew?  Have you checked the fuse?  I just blew a tube in one of my mono blocks (speaker amp) the other day, I had to replace the tube and fuse.  I would e-mail Craig.  A great guy and very responsive (I owned a ZD).

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Could be a tube went and the fuse blew?  Have you checked the fuse?  I just blew a tube in one of my mono blocks (speaker amp) the other day, I had to replace the tube and fuse.  I would e-mail Craig.  A great guy and very responsive (I owned a ZD).

that was his first guess too. when I get time to open it up it'll be my first thing to check, but I'm not sure what to do if that's not it...

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 5
From my observation, tube amp repairs are typically found in large cities with a significant population density since tube amps are generally not a mainstream thing.

I haven’t checked but I heard that Nashville has tube amp repair places because since it’s a big music industry city, you got a lot of guitar tube amp guys and a skilled guitar tube amp guy understands other tube amps as well. You probably can mail in your amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back