Tube amp pairing with Beyer T1
Jun 25, 2015 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Suuup

500+ Head-Fier
I'm buying the Beyer T1's very soon, and I need some help with a good tube amp pairing, I've been researching for close to 30 hours now, and I just can't decide. I'm from Europe, which complicates things a bit. I'm not on a budget per se, but I'm looking for something in the ~500 $ price range (few hundreds above or below is still fine). I want to try the syrupy sound of tube amps. 

I've been looking at Woo, where I can't decide between wa3 and 6se. There's also the problem of Woo not having a EU distributor.

I've been looking at Project Ember mk2, but I'm not sure I'm hooked on the idea of a hybrid. It looks cool though.

I've looked at the Little Dot mkIV, but have read a couple of horror stories about it. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me. 

The Schiit Valhalla 2 seems obvious, but it's I've read that it doesn't have the syrupy sound of many other tube amps.  

Bottleheads Crack + Speedbal seems to be a good fit too, but I'm not sure of my soldering skills. 

Lastly, I'd very much like to dabble into some tube rolling, as I find it very exciting. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #4 of 10
I've heard people talk good about WA2 together with T1 but I haven't heard myself.

I'm gonna buy T1 as well soon and pair it with A20 amp.

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 10
Yes, I've heard good things about the WA2 too, but it's slightly above my price range. Just can't afford it, sadly. I think I'm going for the Little Dot Mk VI+

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #6 of 10
Jan 11, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #7 of 10
@Suuup  you know the answer to that now. 
tongue.gif

Elise + T1 is simply amazing both from a sonic and price point.

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back