Tube amp or HE1000
Jun 4, 2015 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sonic Guild

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys

I only have the money to purchase the Wa22+upgraded tubes OR the new HE1000 headphones. Which one should I go with? I need to hear from you guys. 

Never heard any of them.

I never owned tube amp.

I only have the LCD3 F and Neo 430 SS amp.

I love the bass and warmth of the LCD3 and the ONLY reason that pushes me to get the he1000 IS THE SOUND STAGE. I am afraid that the HE1000 will sound thin and lifeless like the HE560

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 2
  Hi Guys

I only have the money to purchase the Wa22+upgraded tubes OR the new HE1000 headphones. Which one should I go with? I need to hear from you guys. 

Never heard any of them.

I never owned tube amp.

I only have the LCD3 F and Neo 430 SS amp.

I love the bass and warmth of the LCD3 and the ONLY reason that pushes me to get the he1000 IS THE SOUND STAGE. I am afraid that the HE1000 will sound thin and lifeless like the HE560

I've not heard the HE1000's, but with the amp you have, I doubt you're going to notice a huge difference with the WA22.  If you are not completely satisfied with the LCD3, then try the HE1000's.

At your level, the differences are just going to be in the margins, anyway.  If you're happy with the headphones, then you focus on amp/source changes to find that ultimate match.  If you are in doubt about the headphones, then stick with changing headphones.  Your amp appears to be top-level already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back