tube amp for under $1000
Jun 8, 2004 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 28
yelp thanx guys for the replys, the ps-1 sound amazing witth the ra-1..which to me is a surpise.

in july I have the chicago meet and ill sit down with ray and listen to the xp-7, then after that i'll have enough (should) for the ppx3 witht he sacd lover mod (passive outputs). I think either know the ps-1 sounds good on the ra-1 it would really open up with a nice tube amp and a really nice solid state.

im surpise more people dont two a two amp set-up more offen?

I talked to Mikhail and he is awesome, The only color now is black but he said there are plans for the chrome...so if i wait ill be able to get me one of those.

Jun 8, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
where are you getting the $1000 figure? The current model sells for around $1400 base.

Raif,

I have talked over the phone with Mikhail extensively about the Supra prototype (I called it the Supra 6cg7 above- that'll be the production model name, probably) and he quoted me at $1000, not including shipping. Note that this is not the same as the other current production Supra. Mikhail told me, in lamens terms, that the Supra prototype (or Supra 6cg7) is basically a PPX3 circuit using the 6cg7 tubes, with an umbilical cord going to another enclosure which houses the tube rectified power supply. Call Mikhail if you'd like to get answers more quickly; he's always available and is very conversational and makes everyone feel like a friend, despite his busy work schedule.

Jun 8, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Quality Guru
Raif,

I have talked over the phone with Mikhail extensively about the Supra prototype (I called it the Supra 6cg7 above- that'll be the production model name, probably) and he quoted me at $1000, not including shipping. Note that this is not the same as the other current production Supra. Mikhail told me, in lamens terms, that the Supra prototype (or Supra 6cg7) is basically a PPX3 circuit using the 6cg7 tubes, with an umbilical cord going to another enclosure which houses the tube rectified power supply. Call Mikhail if you'd like to get answers more quickly; he's always available and is very conversational and makes everyone feel like a friend, despite his busy work schedule.

You guys don't need to be calling him to much now!!!! He's got a SDS-XLR he needs to get finished!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 12:10 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
You guys don't need to be calling him to much now!!!! He's got a SDS-XLR he needs to get finished!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, do like Tom says, and leave Mikhail alone. He also has a Maestro to get out the door.
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 12:39 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey, he needs to get that prototype developed first before he puts his back out lifting that monster.
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #21 of 28
I actually just got a 15 page email from him. Wow!

You are right the new supra pt is ~$1000, and sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I am currently waiting on an pm from gsferrari that adequetly explains the whole hum issue with the rp-5. But now, I am really torn about which way I want to go.

I was pretty much sold on the rp-5 but man does sacd know how to sell an amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Hey, he needs to get that prototype developed first before he puts his back out lifting that monster.
tongue.gif

ROTFLMAO - Heh, you're so right about that! Does that thing come with built in wheels for moving around the house?

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
ROTFLMAO - Heh, you're so right about that! Does that thing come with built in wheels for moving around the house?

Ha Ha Ha.... No wheels, but you guys are going to laugh your butts off when you see the marble and steel amp stand I'm building for it.
eek.gif
600smile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #28 of 28
Funny how the WooAudio-2 includes 'balanced design' on it's amazing list of feautures, yet lacks any XLR connections, and, judging from the tubes, is completely single ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back