Tube amp for HD600
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 13
Research some OTL amps for that headphone...should be a wonderful match.

Find something in your price range....maybe Schiit Audio has something in that price range

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 13
I'm currently waiting until Schiit's next new amp is announced. The last couple amps they released were solid state, so I figure they're due for a new tube amp.

Schiit is interesting for me but in my country they are very expensive. Thanks.

Darkvoice DV336se

I will put DV336se to my list. Thanks.

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #7 of 13
Bottlehead Crack and Darkvoice 336 are the top two most popular options, in that order. Going from what I've heard in the past few years, the Crack is your best bet hands down

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #9 of 13
Thank you. I never heard "Bottlehead Crack" before, I will find more info about it.
It's a DIY tube amp that you build yourself. A bit of soldering but otherwise pretty easy to assemble. I hear over and over that "you haven't truly heard the 600/650 until you listen to it through the BHC"

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #10 of 13
I quite like the sound of my DT880's using my DV336SE...

BUT:: I had a QC problem, with my DV pretty much right outside of amazon's return window and I had to perform a repair on the amp as sending it to china for warranty would have not been cost effective... luckily I managed to fix the poor solder connection myself.. but it is a bit of a gamble with these amps .. there are many reports of failures of these amps, at first hand I have seen rather poor QC myself.

It is super popular because it is very inexpensive for a nice sounding OTL amp... but just hope you get a well sorted one or be a bit handy with a soldering iron .. my amp would have been a $200 paper weight if it wasn't for the fact I could sort it out.

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #11 of 13
Dec 4, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 13
Bottlehead Crack for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back