Tube amp for DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
Jul 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Checkitman22

New Head-Fier
Was about to get a Bravo Audio V2, but now I'm not sure. Kind of looking into the Indeed G3, and Bravo Audio V3 and Ocean. What is a cheap amp that compliments my headphones best? I'm not looking to modify them and I really don't want to spend more than 120 was looking into spending only about 80, which fit the Audio V2s price range, but if the performance difference is worth it for something else let me know.

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #2 of 8
If you want decent performance while not having to deal with changing bias everytime you chnage a tube then go with Bravo Ocean. If you don't mind spending an hour or so changing bias at each chnage then go with Indeed G3.

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 8
V2 and Ocean emphasize on mids while V3 emphasizes on bass. For bass go with V3. However changing the tube alone does a lot of the tonality change.

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #6 of 8
I have only heard ocean. And although it is mid centric, it still increases bass compared to not using it. And it is quality bass as well. I don't think you can get a better headphone amp preamp combo in this price. V3 can't be used as a preamp so I would never buy it,

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
If you want decent performance while not having to deal with changing bias everytime you chnage a tube then go with Bravo Ocean. If you don't mind spending an hour or so changing bias at each chnage then go with Indeed G3.

Lol. I haven't seen anyone spend an hour to change bias. I myself only need 5 minutes or less to do it.
I havent use the Indeed G2 or Ocean but i have Bravo V1 and Project Sunrise. If you want a bassy amp then it definitely the Bravo V1 and Indeed G3. I dont know about Bravo Ocean but from what i have read, the Indeed G3 is superior to Bravo Ocean.

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Was about to get a Bravo Audio V2, but now I'm not sure. Kind of looking into the Indeed G3, and Bravo Audio V3 and Ocean. What is a cheap amp that compliments my headphones best? I'm not looking to modify them and I really don't want to spend more than 120 was looking into spending only about 80, which fit the Audio V2s price range, but if the performance difference is worth it for something else let me know.

I've used a few of those $100 tube amps, some of them need to have their voltage adjusted and balanced to work their best.
The DT830 digital multi-meter is $7 and can check voltage levels.
Usually need a small Philips head screwdriver to adjust right and left voltage channels.

I would say to just get a Schiit Magni solid state headphone amplifier, $99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back