TTVJ vs Pico Slim vs Furutech ADL Cruise
Feb 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hudhawk

New Head-Fier
Has anyone had a chance to compare the TTVJ, Pico Slim, and the ADL Cruise?

I've seen the multi-amp thread, which makes me think Pico Slim but the TTVJ looks really promising and the ADL looks really sexy.

I'm mostly looking for something warm to compliment the neutrality of my Triple-fi's.  

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 6
If you want something warm then the obvious choice is the TTVJ Slim.

(I once had both the Pico Slim and TTVJ Slim but have never heard the ADL Cruise..)

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 6
I auditioned the ADL cruise and it has quite a bit of hiss with my custom Fitear MH-334

The ADL is quite chunky as well. Another thing I would like to add is that the Cruise has great extension on both ends of the spectrum with nice dynamics.

I tried the PICO slim as well and I find that it is quite neutral. It's a good choice if you're happy with the sound signature, I would suggest the TTVJ or maybe an RSA if you're after warmth.

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks both.  Ordering a TTVJ to warm up my ears a bit.

Should be a nice upgrade from my NuForce Icon Mobile.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 6
average_joe doesnt appear to have the TTVJ, but he has the other two in his comparative review thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585786/multi-portable-amp-thread-8-amps-reviewed-just-audio-uha-120-added-2-08-12

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #6 of 6
I own the TTVJ and love it.  The sound is excellent and it is easy to carry in a pocket when velcro-ed to my ipod.  I tried the slip, a bit small compared to the ipod, so oddly enough, it makes the whole rig more clumsy.  I find the warmth does an excellent job to temper the sound from my Edition 8's or with Senn's 650.  I don't like the match to my Grado 325i.  The TTVJ also matches well with all the IEM's I have matched them with - Grado GR8, Klipsch something or other, BW's new ones and Etymotic ER4.  I have found the TTVJ can cause IEM's to sound a bit to shrill on the high end at louder volumes.

The TTVJ service is also amazing.  The headphone jack went out in mine.  I mailed it to Pete Millet, per Todd's, direction and had it fixed and back in less that two weeks.

If I were you, though, I would look at the ALO Continental V2.  I can't wait to order one and give it a shot. I hear it has taken over as king of creating a warmer sound from the TTVJ.  Though I don't like the shap of the continental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back