TTVJ or Pico Slim......? IP4S -> Ultrasone Pro 900
Dec 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

audiogamma

100+ Head-Fier
I've done some searching but would like to build a portable setup for my Pro 900s and HD25s. I have a nicely-resolving desktop/transportable setup with my MBP -> RME Babyface, but would like to avoid the MBP in the equation.

Does anyone here run a TTVJ or Pico Slim with the 900 Pros? I would love to get an impression of the suitability there. Any other (amp-only) suggestions with zero channel imbalance issues (digital volume?) and suitable power?

TTVJ Slim vs. Pico Slim? Stepdance? iQube?

TIA!
Steph

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 12
lol, thanks for all the replies. I'm ordering the Meier 2Stepdance.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #3 of 12
Excellent choice, I have the original stepdance and its the best portable amp I have heard, far better than the pico slim and TTVJ, along with the lisa and a couple of Ray Samuels amps its right up there with the very best.
Jan Meier is a nice chap and provides an excellent service, enjoy your 2Stepdance, everyone else does . 

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 12
i jus ordered a pair of ultrasone 900's, and hence - im almost broke!!,
i wanted to use it with my ipod touch - so my question is, are they any good slightly cheap portable amps out ther which will sound good with these headphones??

any reply welcome :p

thanks!!

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
i jus ordered a pair of ultrasone 900's, and hence - im almost broke!!,
i wanted to use it with my ipod touch - so my question is, are they any good slightly cheap portable amps out ther which will sound good with these headphones??

any reply welcome :p

thanks!!

The Leckerton UHA-4 is well-regarded and $200.

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
Excellent choice, I have the original stepdance and its the best portable amp I have heard, far better than the pico slim and TTVJ, along with the lisa and a couple of Ray Samuels amps its right up there with the very best.
Jan Meier is a nice chap and provides an excellent service, enjoy your 2Stepdance, everyone else does . 

Yeah, thanks. Looking forward to it.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #8 of 12
So Audiogamma,
Congratulations On pulling the trigger on what looks like a very nice amp.
But  If it is not too much to ask, What was it that made you opt for the 2Stepdance over the others?
Reason being, I am also very interested so like to know your conclusion, as I also am looking for a portable amp. 

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
So Audiogamma,
Congratulations On pulling the trigger on what looks like a very nice amp.
But  If it is not too much to ask, What was it that made you opt for the 2Stepdance over the others?
Reason being, I am also very interested so like to know your conclusion, as I also am looking for a portable amp. 

Hi Mags,

I read the current "multi amp" review, among others. It's seems very highly regarded here and elsewhere. I also like the 9V power.

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 12
Thanks mate,
enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #11 of 12
Also wanted to mention that the Meier has zero channel imbalance issues.

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #12 of 12
I've flip-flopped and am ordering a Just Audio AHA-120. Class A and will power all my phones. No digital volume, but I'll be using full-size phones. I'll be back with pics when it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back