TTVJ FET-A amp now shipping!
Feb 6, 2009 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

We are now shipping the TTVJ FET A amplifiers. They are going to be $649 for the first 10 and $729 for each thereafter. Order yours now and save.

The TTVJ Fet-A headphone amp is a slightly different take on the general-purpose desktop headphone amp. Instead of using opamps, it's circuitry consists of entirely single-ended, class-A discrete transistor circuitry. Precision, low-noise JFET transistors are used for voltage amplification, and power MOS transistors are used for the output stage. Bipolar transistors are used for biasing.

Since JFET transistors make very linear amplifiers, no overall feedback is used in the design - only local feedback around one stage to stabilize the gain. The result is excellent overload characteristics and unmeasurable high-order distortion products.

The single-ended power MOS output stage is DC-coupled to the headphones, providing low output impedance and a very flat frequency response. It is capable of driving any headphones, and can deliver up to 9V RMS into 100 ohms.

The result is a combination of the best characteristics of tube and solid-state circuits: very low noise, low distortion, wide frequency response, and low output impedance, along with the excellent overload response and, of course, excellent sound.

We look forward to hearing from you soon! Also look for a loaner program to appear here soon.

Todd

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 14
Sweet! This design sounds great and I am really hoping the loaner amp gets to me before vacation week after next so I can spend some quality time with it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 14
Hi Voltron,

Yes, one is on its way to you and will be used for the upcoming loaner program.

I will have new pics up n the site early next week. I think you will find it very nice.

Todd

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Voltron,

Yes, one is on its way to you and will be used for the upcoming loaner program.

I will have new pics up n the site early next week. I think you will find it very nice.

Todd

Todd and Al,

Remember who is next on the list for the upcoming loaner program
tongue.gif

Ryan

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 14
HI recstar24 and arrowmark,

You two guys are the reason I have not yet put the loaner program into action. You are both in line for a listen and review. I look forward to your impressions.

Once it is in arrowmarks hands (3rd) I will be opening the loaner program up for 5 or 6 more auditions. Please wait until I post it in a separate thread before contacting me. Thanks.

Todd

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #9 of 14
I just received the TTVJ FET-A and it looks and sounds great! I will try to post pics tonight or tomorrow, but I am already listening to it as a preamp and the initial impression is very favorable. The sound is detailed, rich and full in my desktop setup, and the background / idle state is completely quiet. I am taking the output from my HeadRoom Desktop Amp into the TTVJ FET-A, and then into my HeadRoom Desktop Power Amps, out the Harbeths and into my ears. Because the amp has about 1 hour of burn-in, this will be a good way to log some hours while at work. I don't have headphones in my office, but I will see if somebody has some or just check that out tonight.

Nice work Pete and Todd!

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #10 of 14
Didn't have much time to listen with headphones last night, but I liked what I heard with the HD600s (Blue Dragon) and HF1s. Here are some pics for the time being:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back