TTVJ and Hisoundaudio form a new partnership! $ 1 bid for Hisoundaudio’s new released ROCOO BA player!
Jun 5, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #152 of 176
Hmm interesting. Have you ran the unit in yet before coming to your conclusion? I'm wondering if the BA is a bad match for your IEMs? I absolutely hate the sound when paired with my JVC Victor FX700s. The IE80s are a dream though.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #153 of 176
Quote:
Hmm interesting. Have you ran the unit in yet before coming to your conclusion? I'm wondering if the BA is a bad match for your IEMs? I absolutely hate the sound when paired with my JVC Victor FX700s. The IE80s are a dream though.

I am not sure what you mean by "ran the unit". I have being playing with it during the 6 hours I got the unit from post office. Maybe I am used to Sansa clip sound signature as since I got it I have stop using all my other DAP (I got a quiet a collection). I do not mind the UI of Rocoo, quiet easy. I am very impressed with the earbud they post with it. But I do not believe that it is truly a DAP designed with balanced armature IEM in mind. I am happy with the detail i hear when ER4S when rocoo digital volume dial is as 26. I hear the detail I like but the problem that it is too loud for me. The detail seem to be lacking at lower volume for some strange reason. 

I dont have that problem with my other main DAP. Meaning I can hear the detail I want at much lower decibels. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #154 of 176
The unit arrive. My early impression: No that impressed. The amp section cannot do the ER4S justice. While I dont expect many of the portable unit to make the ER4S sound as good as they can sound sadly the unit feels like a downgraded sansa clip+ placed in a new enclosure. Maybe my expectation of the Rocoo BA was just too high. If I was to recommend someone between Sansa clip+ and Rocoo BA I would say Sansa clip+ no doubt considering the hug price gap. 

I got to say it does sound better than ipod 5.5G amp section. I cannot comment the DAC section as I am still deciding.

As I said I was going to compare it with hm-601 but I wouldnt since right now it is having a hard time beating the the 20 buck mp3 player

Footnote: Sansa clip is rockboxed if anyone was wondering. 

I agree wih what lee is saying. The BA is already a brighter than average player. Pairing it with bright phones is simply bad synergy.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #155 of 176
Quote:
I agree wih what lee is saying. The BA is already a brighter than average player. Pairing it with bright phones is simply bad synergy.

Yea tried it with HFI-780, things looking much better. My bad, I guess I should have done my homework before getting excited. I guess worst case worse my HFI 780 found a new buddy. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #156 of 176
Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by ran the unit but I have being playing with it during the 6 hours I got it. Maybe I am used to Sansa clip sound signature as since I got it I have stop using all my other DAP (I got a quiet a collection). I do not mind the UI of Rocoo, quiet easy. I am very impressed with the ear-bud they post with it. But I do not believe that it is truly a DAP designed with balanced armature IEM in mind. I am happy with the detail i hear when ER4S when rocoo digital volume dial is as 26. I hear the detail I like but the problem that it is too loud for me. The detail seem to be lacking at lower volume for some strange reason. 

I don't have that problem with my other main DAP. Meaning I can hear the detail I want at much lower decibels. 

When I mean ran in I mean letting the unit continually play music to allow the amp/DAC section burn in. I have let my unit continually run and its got at least 200+ hours on it. I must say the sound stage is noticeably bigger, imaging is improved. I really love the overall presentation. My Sansa Fuze could never be even close to what this unit is giving me. I generally listen between 9 and 12 and that is the loudest I'll usually go. I'm surprised you have to turn the volume up so high with your BAs? My IE80s are hella sensitive and the silver cable makes them even more sensitive.

You hit it on the nose eke, synergy can make or break a rig. If I was new to headfi and I tried out the FX700 with the BA I might consider the FX700 to be pretty crappy and a very bad value. But this would be misleading due to the fact that the IEM and DAP don't pair well together. This hobby can be quite confusing with lots of exploration before some can find there preferred sound signature. Synergy is apart of this tasks as well unfortunately :p

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #157 of 176
Quote:
Yea tried it with HFI-780, things looking much better. My bad, I guess I should have done my homework before getting excited. I guess worst case worse my HFI 780 found a new buddy. 

So if you are looking for a great IEM to pair with it consider a darker phone unless you love the ultimate in "treble head explosion ":wink: The IE80 and GR07 pair very nicely with this player.

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #159 of 176
The "BA" confused me that is all. I thought that this unit mean that I do not have to worry about synergy and output impedence and all if I am going to use it only with my Balance armature IEM. 

I also need to say I do not have a volume issue with the XBA-4 and shure 535, the issue is only for the ER-4S.

I better let it burn in and see how things are going to be like. Thanks guys. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #160 of 176
Hey does any  know how to play 24/96 files on rocoo? 
=-=-

Problem solved: It does not play 24/96 or anything higher than 16/44 resolution natively. Problem can be solved using foobar resampler component. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #162 of 176
Quote:
The "BA" confused me that is all. I thought that this unit mean that I do not have to worry about synergy and output impedence and all if I am going to use it only with my Balance armature IEM. 

I also need to say I do not have a volume issue with the XBA-4 and shure 535, the issue is only for the ER-4S.

I better let it burn in and see how things are going to be like. Thanks guys. 

You'd have been better of with the -P for the 4s. This one is for the higher effecience IEMs.

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #164 of 176
I have given using them with ER4, I am burning them in for XBA-4 and 535. 

I found out that when I resample the HDtracks to 16/44 it has problem playing them :S So far a problematic unit. Not a happy experience so far. (They do sound good with the HFI-780, maybe that is a plus :frowning2: )

Jun 7, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #165 of 176
The Sibliance on the Rocoo BA is ear piercing. >:frowning2:

Problem solved after 70 hours burning mark. the uni sounds like a complete different unit! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back