TTPod T2 - Rebirth Project
Feb 11, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #16 of 25
  You can improve decay and frequency extension by tuning crossover to get linear sound for smooth transition and good coherent sound. It's quite easier for me as I'm using Rockport Ankaa speakers which has very good phase and time coherent with very smooth and deep bass response. I guess playing good stereo has great merits in doing this too.

this modification is quite easy for you but for many who have no knowledge in electronics, its quite complicated. Anyway, i sent a link of this thread to my contact at TTPOD. I just hope they consider your discovery to improve the tuning of T2 and kudos to your effort.

Feb 12, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #17 of 25
I hope they will. It's such a shame. They have wonderful drivers and 3-way crossover PCB for $100 range. I'm going out to tune more with better resistors today and hope I can expect excellent quality. Since this requires engineering knowledge and practices, maybe I should consider selling modded TTPod T2 on eBay or something after all.

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #18 of 25
Finished tweaking crossover with real parts. Sounds very flat, transition is very smooth just like full range headphone. The bass was strong, deep yet very transparent. Midrange is clean and smooth with richful texture. There's improved decay and extension in high that isn't excessive like previous revision improving cleaner bass and midrange texture. Just like how reference monitoring should sound like, It sounds very live with good recordings.

I think I may buy another pair to mod for mega bass and crispy treble for fun :p.

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #20 of 25
I'm considering that too. But for now I need more time for burning in and reviewing feedback with users in Thailand before making sure it's really OK for going aboard :). I also made other projects like modding DX90 to sound comparably good to AK240 here in Thailand.

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #22 of 25
you rarely see this kind of effort to change the sound. Respect, op. 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #23 of 25
Sounds like your are awesome :ok_woman:....you should mod some shozy alien as well
wink.gif

That's unexpectedly  good. Software is very well done and hardware is fine for its size. I doubt there's anything else need to be modified unlike ear bleeding DX90.
  you rarely see this kind of effort to change the sound. Respect, op. 
ksc75smile.gif

Crossover network is everything about changing sound. You actually alternate FR and at its very foundation unlike cable/jacks where you change only tonal balance. But yeah. It's very rare to see people actually doing after market crossover tuning even in speakers system. I used to tune my own custom IEM once with my friend doing hearing aid stuff. I wish I could have done that again now after modding T2.

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #24 of 25
Agreed, crossover will alter frequency response and even phrase. I used to custom loud speakers with different drivers myself.....but those stuff were huge....where as these are like...super duper super tiny ..... Lol:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back