TT >> Phono Amp >> Xonar Essence STX?
Oct 3, 2011 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Pm@c

500+ Head-Fier
Ive got my TT, and just received my Azur 640P in the mail today, now I need to be able to hook them up and listen.

So I dont have a "proper" amp in the sense of the word, something that I can plug my headphones into (DT770). 

I currently listen through my PC with my Xonar Essence STX. It has line in through the microphone port, so I would have to take the microphone out to listen through my PC. Im assuming I could use an RCA to 3.55 with a converter to the larger style (5.5 I think?). But I still want to be able to use my mic to voice chat, so I dont know if I need something else (a 3.5mm splitter? If that would even work on the Xonar).

Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a good amp?

What would be a decent amp to get that isnt overkill (its only a Rega RP1 TT, and an Azur 640P phono pre amp, so I dont need a $500 amp).

I kind of still want to be able to somehow set it up that I would be able to listen to my TT and my PC at the same time. 

I guess I could rig it up to use the onboard mic port. In that case I could use the line in on my Xonar with just a simple RCA to 3.5MM right? Is there anywhere that makes premium RCA to 3.5mm cables? Could I just order a good set of RCA terminated cables and then use this: 

[size=1.23em][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back