Tsc HDPro7 Brief Impressions
Jun 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dspang

100+ Head-Fier
A couple of days back there was a post about 65 percent off Tsc headphones. Just out of pure curiosity I decided to give the HDPro7 a chance. Got them for 35 dollars shipped. Used to be 80 something. They just arrived today.

First off I like the use of metal in the head band and connectors. And also the hardened plastic. It seems as they are built pretty strongly.

Comfort is a pretty good on these too. They clamp pretty tight but they are not nearly as uncomfortable as my Akg K81's. They do make the ears a little warm being pleather pads and circumaural headphones.

Next up is sound,

Bass, oh my god the bass. They have some good extension and some good impact. I would vouch to say that these would make good budget basshead cans if someone were so inclined to jump on these. Good for techno and hip hop. A little bit of overpowering but not the loos hollow bass that one can often hear in cheaper cans. Double kick drums from some thrash and death metal albums I listen to frequently smack really hard and deep.

Mids seem surprisingly forward. Guitars stand out just enough but not too much. These aren't liquid mids but good aggressive mids. Somewhat forward.

Treble seems a bit recessed. I don't mind this because too much highend gets to me sometimes. No sibilance though to my ears. Decently smooth.

Think I will have a review up with pics in a couple of days. I think I will give these a decent burn in and such.

Not audiophile and not flat whatsoever. But very decent sounding cans for the money.

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 12
Good to hear, I got two of them ordered from tSc for 28 shipped, and that is the price for both with FS, should have them this week. Ill be a very happy man if they are worth 14 a piece.

Also I noticed they are sold out now, and tSc is clearing out their headphone line, so idk. Thanks for the quick impression though, Im kinda new to this whole step above stock headphones, it all seems so daunting lol.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 12
Glad to hear that you had better experience with your tSc purchase than I did with their IE-5's. Wouldn't mind seeing those up-close pics, seeing as I thought they were skullcandy-flashy when I first saw them.

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 12
not enjoying mine very much. bass is coarse and headache inducing. sound nice from a weak source like a laptop or mp3 player. gaming with them is horrible. thinking of invoking the 30 day return.

i will say that fit, finish, and goodies in the box are nice for the price

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 12
Yes. I definitely had to eq the bass down. Been doing a couple days with them. Seems to have toned down with more usage. Gaming Is pretty craptabulous with them as they have no soundstage but I"ve come to expect that with most closed headphones. They sound pretty good to me due to the fact I haven't heard anything better as of yet. Still a young jedi I am.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 12
sent mine back today. called customer service- they emailed me a fedex slip immediately

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by xformulax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hate to bring up an old post, but is the tSc a rebranded ultrasone? sure looks like it.

no- the tsc is a piece of junk that makes skullcandys sound like stax. stay far away

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #10 of 12
(sadly) i've owned a few skullcandy headphones and have been unimpressed, i got the tSc's during their fire sale and completely forgot about them till yesterday, so far i've been pretty impressed with them (for the price) and have seen nothing to warrant that type of comment.... i'll admit that i haven't heard any ultrasone products, but tSc is (was) known for taking higher quality products and rebranding them.... and they're very similar to ultrasone's products (except they offer a detachable cable, where most of ultrasones products dont, a plus for tSc).

so, do you have any experience with them? at the asking price they may not have been a great deal, but for the price of $18 or whatever i paid, i dont see anything that can compete with them.

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #11 of 12
yes, i did have them, read above posts. i have also had many many other headphones, including several ultrasones. there is no relation. ultrasone uses generic designs. theres a dozen posts on headfi on whether generic dj style headphones are ultrasone rebrands. they arent.

i had the hdpro7 for about 2 days and sent them back. they were that horrid to me. and i got them in the fire sale as well

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #12 of 12
I got rid of mine a while ago. Traded up for some Rx700's, Grado sr60's, and a Phillips Hp910(Which I really enjoy). Pretty good with metal to these ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back