Tsakiridis Achilles as headphones amp
Jun 14, 2021 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cfranchi

500+ Head-Fier
Here is a youtube review (you can activate english automatic translation) of Tsakiridis Achilles tube speaker amp used as headphones amp for hard to drive headphones:

A solution to consider given its « affordable » price (2500 eur).

The reviewer (Pierre Paya) highly praised the Achilles as one the best sounding amp he has used. For information, Pierre Paya is a french high end audio reseller which sell amps up to 15000 eur.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 8
HE1000 v2, Heddphone, some Audeze

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #5 of 8
Sep 17, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #6 of 8
Hi,
I'm using the Achilles associated with my Susvara for several months now. Wonderful mariage! Previous amp for the Susvara was the Volot (which I sell btw). Comparing both amp solutions make me think the Achilles make the headphones sound fuller and richer. Though, the Volot is very well placed to drive the Susvara! So I can confirm this is a very good option, in particular to drive (very) difficult headphones.

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi,
I'm using the Achilles associated with my Susvara for several months now. Wonderful mariage! Previous amp for the Susvara was the Volot (which I sell btw). Comparing both amp solutions make me think the Achilles make the headphones sound fuller and richer. Though, the Volot is very well placed to drive the Susvara! So I can confirm this is a very good option, in particular to drive (very) difficult headphones.

Too bad Achilles price has greatly increased

Users who are viewing this thread

Back