Trying to remember make of portable player!
Feb 14, 2018 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

deejayen

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to remember the make of a portable player I'd been thinking about buying a few years ago, but I'm not having any success. As far as I can remember, it was made in somewhere like Taiwan or China, and might have been available through an eBay store. It was a bit larger than a typical portable player - maybe the size of a paperback book, and it had a basic (maybe 2 - 4 line) display. It was supposed to sound pretty good (maybe with one of the higher quality DACs such as a Burr Brown). It had a basic user interface, and might simply have played high resolution WAV files from folders. I think it was silver in colour.

Any ideas what it might have been?

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 4
I got one very cheap from the bay (low offer, only bidder). Sound is quite good, but the UI is hopeless. Or rather, way too basic for my needs, being used to iPod/iPhone UI, and album selection by cover art. Sound, however, is good enough for me to look at QA360 with interest, and especially the QA361 which is scheduled for this spring. I haven't heard any recent DAPs, so can't offer comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back