Trying to fix my old headphones.
Sep 7, 2004 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MOMO

New Head-Fier
Ok, I found these very old headphones down in my basement and thought that I wanted to use them for my computer. The problem was that the sound was hacking, probably because of a bad cable inside it. So I cut it open and started to solder some new cables together.

I was finished after some time and wanted to test them. I was like a little boy with something new and exciting. But they didn't function correctly. The hacking was gone. I had atleast fixed that *FLEX*

When I first tested them, one of the speakers didn't have any sound at all. That was because one cable was loose down in the "contact"(Sorry for my bad english. I am from Sweden).

I solderd(spelling?) it together and thought that it would work, but it didn't. Is it normal that the speaker is broken in old headphones? Or is it probable a problem that happend when I tried to solder(spellign again?) the cables together.

Is there a way to check if it is the speaker? Like, just to be sure. I am thinking about stealing a loudspeaker from one of my other "broken" headphones. Would be thankfull for any kind of answer, except bad ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back