Trying to find some good earphones for listening Podcasts and music
Jul 15, 2022 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bigpanz3r

New Head-Fier
I m into genres like dub/triphop/glitch/lofi/techno, but I like to listen to other stuff too like opera, country, pop.
Podcasts of course, things like Joe Rogan primarily and others like Huberman Podcast.
I know of models such as qkz vk4 vs kz zex pro vs moondrop chu vs blon bl-03 vs cca cra vs kz zs10 pro vs tripowin mele

My Absolute Maximum is 90 dollars. I would also like some easy shipping to Romania. I said 90 but I would not necessarily Love to throw and burn money for nothing, I would like a good ratio of quality/performance/price.
I have a pair of Phillips SHP2500, a pair of HyperX Cloud 2, a pair of JVC bluetooth headphones. Philips are with a cable of minimum 6 Meters. They sound good but you cannot travel and listen to them, are you feeling me? I would love to be able to enjoy without stress a nice podcast and maybe a nice glitch playlist on spotify. I m not a professional, I m a Very simple man that cannot understand what is an amplyfier or dac, but I know about my ancestors, Romania should have been called Dacia, not Romania, but that is another story.

So should I buy a pair of Moondrop Chu? Or MELE ? Or JLAB GO AIR POP or Beats Flex? I have no idea, I feel confused and nervous and axious tbh, see a lot of stuff on internet. Maybe whatever I will take there cannot be a wrong choice??

Jul 15, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 12
I enjoyed the KZ zs10 Pro for your main genres, also fine for podcasts.

If you are just starting out with IEMS, I would suggest starting with something cheaper, like the ccc cra.
Some people don`t like living with the intimacy of IEMs, and furthermore a cheaper IEM within your budget opens up options to get potentially better fitting aftermarket tips/cables.

Jul 17, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 12
Hi, I'm relatively new here, so feel free to take this with a grain of salt.

As soon as I saw podcasts in your title, I immediately thought of the Heart Mirrors, because of how well their midrange is tuned around where the human voice sits. That said, depending on your tastes, they might not provide enough bass for your preferred musical genres. The bass is there on the Heart Mirrors, but there's not an ounce of extra or boost to it.

For dub/triphop/glitch/lofi/techno the ZS10 Pros will definitely provide a crisp but fun sound. You might notice some weirdness in timbre around the voice with the ZS10 Pros, if you're doing a long podcast or audiobook listening session with them. If you do run into that, I've recently discovered some ALXCD Sony replacement Eartips, that seem to tame that a bit for me, without dulling the sharpness of the instrument attacks like picked guitar.

Your mileage may vary a lot with tip rolling though, because it's so dependent on ear shape and personal hearing physiology.

Hope this is helpful.

Jul 18, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 12
Yes it is.
I cannot decide between Moondrop Chu, Aria and Aria snow drop edition.
Skullcandy Crusher evo or Jabra Elite 75t are options too...
I have HyperX Cloud 2, I hear bullets Very SHARP, it's like deafening sometimes at high volume. Very sharp noises. So this would be the equal of the Aria Snow Drop edition, which doesn't have sub base and has base on the mid and it has a more neutral and bright sound. So should I get Aria for music and complementary stuff along my own Cloud 2?

Jul 18, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 12
Get the tripowin lea for travel and open-back wood headphones with a headband cover for home:

(if link does not work, then just search for tripowin and look for the DD-Audio Store)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803578342807.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

(if link does not work, then just search for walnut wood open headphones and look for the fu0012shop Store)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...c16581708501987734ea9fb!12000023678288261!rec

(If link does not work, then search for hifiman headband cover by the ^-^Communication^-^ Store and get L-Black or L-Silver)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/225...916579787343647303e67ae!10000000481697582!sea

Jul 18, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 12
Jabra Elite 75t are options too..
I've got the Elite Active 75Ts as well, there what I was using before I discovered Chi-fi. They sound alright if you take the time to EQ, but what you're paying for there is the convenience of Bluetooth, and the IP 57 rating if you go with the active model. The ZS10 Pros are a huge sonic improvement over my Jabra Elite active 75Ts at about half the price. I'm a little bit worried I may have overstated the unnatural timbre thing before, it's really only something I noticed because I listen to a fair bit of a cappella; Straight No Chaser, Rockapella, Pentatonix and related groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back