Trying to find new pair of in-ears for my LG V30, Sennheiser CX 300S or FiiO FH1 or something else?
Jul 6, 2019 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Hellhog

New Head-Fier
Trying to decide on a new pair of in ear headphones with attached microphone for my LG V30. Been using Sennheiser forever so kind of fond of them and do like my FiiO DAC/AMP as well for my laptop specifically (been using the FiiO E17 since 2013 and paired it with a Sennheiser PC 350/Game Zero since 2011).

For my phone, I've been using the Sennheiser CX 275s since 2012. I loved it so much that when it died on me last September I ordered the same thing, however I was never certain about the replacement's legitimacy. Unfortunately this pair causes a feedback issue all of a sudden on my phone when talking to someone, they'll hear a buzz whenever I touch the screen. I have as a backup Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears that I regretted buying in 2015. I dislike the sound and comfort of these earphones and have thought about selling them but in the mean time do not want them to be my new daily drivers otherwise they would've replaced my CX 275s long ago.

I've mainly got my eye on two main pairs of headphones but have been reading quite a few reviews and watching reviews. The two I've been mainly looking at are the Sennheiser CX 300S and FiiO FH1. Other pairs I've considered are the CCA C10s and KZ models. Looking for more input or recommendations on which I should get or if I should go with something else.

I'm mostly for neutral sound but don't mind slightly emphasized bass. I do not like adjusting the EQ in software at all. I need a Mic as I constantly use my earphones for Discord and Calls on my phone. Comfort is super important as issues with falling out or being able to lay down on my side in bed are musts (one of my biggest gripes with the Momentums). My music varies with emphasis on Rock/Metal or Electronic/Synthwave. I'll either listen to CD's ripped to FLAC or Spotify (non-premium). So nothing crazy. Trying to keep the price per performance ratio good with emphasis on lower price. Ideally the $50-70 range or less.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back