Trying to find a solution for low max volume of bluetooth headphone connected to Samsung TV. Portable bluetooth amp?
Apr 2, 2020 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

metalspfc

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. My samsung (ks7000) tv doesn't allow for volume control when you output the audio to a bluetooth headphone, so the only volume control available is the one built into the headphone, and when the volume is maxed out its not loud enough to the person thats gonna use it (he has hearing loss). Even for me the max volume is not loud at all, its around what i would use normally. Whenever you pair the bluetooth headphone, the TV locks the audio in a pretty low volume, and the tv volume controller won't work anymore. I've tried everything in TV Settings with no success. Also saw a lot of people online complaining about the same thing with these tvs

The only audio output options are hdmi and optical (and via bluetooth).

When i use the headphone with a phone i can get much louder audio because it adds up with the phone volume control.

Would a portable headphone amp work in this sittuation? It would need to have optical input or hdmi.

Or are there even any amps that take input bluetooth audio and can also output bluetooth audio?

The amp wouldn't need to be nothing fancy, i'd just leave it maxed out and control volume via the headphone.

Any insights are appreciated, thank you!

Apr 4, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 5
I don’t think there is anything that will boost the Bluetooth signal. Maybe a Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the tv?

[Certified Bluetooth 5.0] Transmitter for TV PC Wireless Audio Adapter aptX HD & Low Latency Long Range Bluetooth Adapter with Optical Coaxial RCA AUX 3.5mm PC USB Audio Inputs - 1Mii B02 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y8HKQ8W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IMoIEbK09F5E5

something like this?

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, except i think it would need to have a volume control.

Im guessing something ike this: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Avantre...th+transmitter+receiver&qid=1586097213&sr=8-3

I've found a couple alternatives since i made this topic, problem is you never know if whatever device you buy will actually make the sound loud enough, the damn TV locks the audio so at such low volume that the bluetooth amp really needs to be increase it a lot. But i'll take my chances and grab one of those options i found, see what happens.

Thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back