Trying to figure out what a "crossfade" effect is called
Dec 27, 2009 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fakeyfakerson

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I remember reading on here but completely forgot the name of the crossfade type effect that you can enable in your music player that plays like 5-10% of the left channel in the right and vice versa to better simulate stereo sound on headphones. Only problem is I can't remember the name, so I don't even know what to search for. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction on where to look, specifically for winamp? Thanks!

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, the only thing I found for winamp was headplug mkII, which added a lot of other effects that changed the sound too much. I was just looking for a small plugin that swaps 5% of the audio or so with like a 1ms delay, nothing else, but that doesn't seem to be available on winamp. Might have to switch to foobar.

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKazador /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try out BS2B
Browse Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP Files on SourceForge.net

Thanks, this is much more subtle but still a little too noticeable on the default settings, going to mess with the sliders to see what has the smallest effect. It seems to make the source sound a bit further away and quieter, is this a side effect of crossfeeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back