Trying to figure out best headSET solution for Xbox 360?
Jun 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

Kooper

Head-Fier

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out my best solution for using a headset with my xbox 360. My main issue here is that I really want to be able to control both the volume of the voice chat and the game audio independently.

I've seen these headphones, which boast this feature, however I am not so sure on the quality: http://www.amazon.com/Force-Digital-Wireless-Audio-Xbox-360/dp/B002KSPL36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275584933&sr=1-1

Of course I've also seen things such as this MixAmp for "pro gamers" which could do the same thing, but with my own hardware? http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/69/MixAmp/

I have a high budget so that's not much of an issue, what I'm mostly worried about is sound quality that is worth the price. So perhaps I should get the MixAmp device and my own headset of choice? (which I would love to hear recommendations for). If not this specific hardware (such as the MixAmp) is there something comparable that I'm looking for?

Would appreciate opinions and ideas on this, thanks! Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out my best solution for using a headset with my xbox 360. My main issue here is that I really want to be able to control both the volume of the voice chat and the game audio independently.

I've seen these headphones, which boast this feature, however I am not so sure on the quality: http://www.amazon.com/Force-Digital-Wireless-Audio-Xbox-360/dp/B002KSPL36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275584933&sr=1-1

Of course I've also seen things such as this MixAmp for "pro gamers" which could do the same thing, but with my own hardware? http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/69/MixAmp/

I have a high budget so that's not much of an issue, what I'm mostly worried about is sound quality that is worth the price. So perhaps I should get the MixAmp device and my own headset of choice? (which I would love to hear recommendations for). If not this specific hardware (such as the MixAmp) is there something comparable that I'm looking for?

Would appreciate opinions and ideas on this, thanks! 

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 116
lol. I have the Turtle Beach X3 and the quality is definately not worth the money. When I play Call of Duty, and helicopters fly close, or if a car explodes really close to me, the headphones get a lot of clipping, and the sound will actually cut out. I also get this when firing certain pistols without silencers (USP45?, M9).

The only reason I tolerate them is because I like to be able to hear footsteps (fairly decent at determining the position the footsteps are coming from), I like the mic controls, and my significant other gets annoyed when I play late at night.

I know my post doesn't really help you in any way, but just thought I'd share. lol.

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 116
Mixamp + HPX
Mixamp + PC360
Mixamp + MMX300

either way you just need a mixamp and a decent headset.... the HPX is the best bargain for the money, the pc360 is new and is getting pretty good reviews, and the MMX300 is a modified beyerdynamic headphone with an integrated mic and one of the better headsets on the market.

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 116
Thanks! It seems the MixAmp really is the way to go after more research of my own. However should I even bother getting a Headset at that point? Instead I could simply use my SRH840s with.... What mic? I actually own a Samsom CO1U mic, however it's USB, is there any way I could use that with the MixAmp? Also I'm assuming the Astro Gaming MixAmp is my only option for this situation? There is no other product like that I assume? Would it be my best bet? Haha, a lot of questions there.

Much appreciated on the input, thanks formula.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 116
Get the Senn headset, PC360 is it? You need the Mixamp too. HPX I don't recommend, my neighbor had them and they sound ridiculous for how expensive they are. Terrible disgusting sound quality with a really cramped up sound stage (or lack thereof). + The Sennies look HAWT.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 116
yea, i love my mixamp, it's the only piece of gaming equipment i couldnt live without.

you could try the SRH840's and attach a mic to a coupler and velcro/tape/zip tie it to the headphone cable... you'd want a GTMAX 3.5mm right angle mic, a 3.5mm female to female coupler, and a 3.5mm cable to run from the coupler to the mixamp.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 116
I think he's probably one of those people that completely disregard anything if it's not a headSET, like he said in the first post lol.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #9 of 116

Quote:
Get the Senn headset, PC360 is it? You need the Mixamp too. HPX I don't recommend, my neighbor had them and they sound ridiculous for how expensive they are. Terrible disgusting sound quality with a really cramped up sound stage (or lack thereof). + The Sennies look HAWT.

you're absolutely insane and you're mistaken about the HPX.... sound rediculous for how expensive? they're 80 dollars and absolutely amazing for that price.  every other piece of turtle beach equipment is JUNK, but the HPX is better than just about any headset on the market except for the MMX300, and i'd assume the PC360... personally i would not buy the PC360 until someone who knows what they're talking about gets their hands on them, because the PC350 is absolute trash (but i hear the PC360 is much better)

Quote:
dub Beatz said:

I think he's probably one of those people that completely disregard anything if it's not a headSET, like he said in the first post lol.

he suggested he use his headphones with a mic.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #10 of 116

Quote:

Did you even read any of my posts? 
dt880smile.png

Anyhow, I actually have a sturdy surface (aka a snack table) which I could use for placing the Mixamp and the mic on actually, so I don't really need to start taping stuff to my headphones.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #11 of 116
Sorry man, I didn't see your second post about just using the Shures instead.

BTW, which part of Jersey you from? I lived in three different areas, Hillsborough, Clementon and Newark.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #12 of 116

Quote:
Anyhow, I actually have a sturdy surface (aka a snack table) which I could use for placing the Mixamp and the mic on actually, so I don't really need to start taping stuff to my headphones.

you could try putting the mic on the table, but i will almost guarantee that you'll be looking for a better solution immediately :)

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #13 of 116

Quote:
Sorry man, I didn't see your second post about just using the Shures instead.

BTW, which part of Jersey you from? I lived in three different areas, Hillsborough, Clementon and Newark.

It's cool, I try my best to be open to solutions! I live in the Newark area.

Quote:
you could try putting the mic on the table, but i will almost guarantee that you'll be looking for a better solution immediately :)

Yea after looking it up I can see exactly what you mean by that, hah. I just wouldn't want to put stuff on my 840s and hurt their pure beauty. Hmm, I wonder what I should do here.... Regardless I'll be getting the Mixamp because of your recommendation and my research, thanks for that.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #14 of 116
Hell yeah son, Newark is dirty. We moved after our house was gunned down in the middle of the night lol. Stray fire from those crazy gangs. Was probably an epic battle between the bloods and crips.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #15 of 116
personally i'd use the Shure's for single player gaming, and shell out a little money on some AD700's for multiplayer and tape a mic to it.

if you didnt mind putting a small piece of velcro on the shures, you could attach a labtec mic like others have done with ad700's

(http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/HansNfranZZZ/IMG_3702.jpg)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back