Trying to decide what pair of headphones to buy...
Dec 4, 2011 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drgnfrc13

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, so I posted a thread before, asking for suggestions on headphones, and I had a pretty long list of criteria I wanted them to meet, and it seemed that the Shure SRH-440's were my best option; but after visiting my local Best Buy and trying out multiple pairs (not including the Shure's, since they didn't have them in-store), I have kind of changed my mind about a few things, so I'm not sure anymore...

So my original budget was $100, but I think I'll extend that to about $200 (can't go much over $200, but less would be great, obviously), and I would like them to have decent sound throughout the full range with some emphesis on bass (but not a ton of bass like the XB500's, where it overpowers the highs and mids). Noise isolation isn't much of an issue since it seems that most closed-back models do a decent job of sealing in the sound anyway. And a detatchable cable would definitely be preferable, as I have a tendency to short out things like that and I'd rather not ruin an expensive pair of headphones lol. And finally, I value sound over comfort, so I don't really mind if there's a bit too much pressure, as long as they sound good.

As for music, I'll be listening to a little bit of everything, but mainly the various types of rock/metal (excluding screamo/thrash metal), 80's-90's pop (mostly Prince and MJ), and some dubstep (which is why I need bass), and a bit of hip hop, disco, folk and classical (however, the latter three are not high priorities).

So would the Shures still be my best option, or is there something better?

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 2
Nvm, I'm going with SRH-840's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back