Trying to decide what headphone to buy for an electronic music fan, upgrading from 595s
Oct 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

novaspyder

New Head-Fier
Just looking for the right headphones to use to chill out and enjoy my music with after smoking up or tripping. Dissecting the track, hearing everything I can. I have had Sennheiser 595s now for 5 years and love them, especially their comfort.  I listen to electronic music primarily. Most listened to artists are Pretty Lights, Skrillex, Flume, Griz, Odesza, STS9, Purity ring. I also really like female vocals. I may do some gaming with these as well but it is not my main priority.

Budget - $350-800

Source - Audio Receiver connected to pc

Isolation - No preference

Type of Headphone - over the ear

Preferred tonal balance - Bass

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 5
Need something portable? Get a Denon D600.

Staying at home? Get a Audio Technica ATH-A900X and put some generic Denon D2000 ear pads on them for $15.

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 5
I've had a pair of m50s before but didn't love them because the comfort couldn't hold a candle to the 595s. How do these compare?

Assuming that comfort for the HD595 is exactly the same as the HD598:

The Denon D600 has a very slightly stronger clamp force and very slightly stiffer headband, but is much more durable for portability reasons.

The Audio Technica ATH-A900X has a lighter clamp force and less stiff headband, but this can lead to a fit that maybe too loose for your head, hence why many suggest putting a thicker rubber band for the headband suspension. The clamp force becomes greater, but still lighter than the HD595, when you put on Denon Dx000 ear pads on them, hence why any generic Denon D2000 ear pads is recommended on the ATH-A900X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back