Trying to decide on what headphones to get?
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kyuu

New Head-Fier
I currently own AKG K7xx and I am about to get the HE-500. 
I am considering getting the HE-6, not very sure whether not should I buy them? I plan on pairing it with the Schiit Jotunheim.

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 10
I've heard people saying HE-6 are rather bright headphones. Can't say that about the HE-500, I'd call them a flater-sounding pair of headphones.

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 10
I've heard people saying HE-6 are rather bright headphones. Can't say that about the HE-500, I'd call them a flater-sounding pair of headphones.

Base off what I heard from reading is the fact that he-500 are a great sounding headphone with bass.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 10
I'd say get the 500-s if you can. The are discontinued and hence there are not many of them left on the market. 
The bass is well extended indeed.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 10

Depending upon which amp you drive them with,in my case a vintage receiver,theyre far from flat.

The mids are "euphoric" and bass is great.Treble is just right.

I'd say get the 500-s if you can. The are discontinued and hence there are not many of them left on the market. 

LCD-2 is more extended on the low bass than the HE-500,but the HE-500 slams harder.

If I were forced to keep only one I'd keep my 500s

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 10

Depending upon which amp you drive them with,in my case a vintage receiver,theyre far from flat.

The mids are "euphoric" and bass is great.Treble is just right.

LCD-2 is more extended on the low bass than the HE-500,but the HE-500 slams harder.

If I were forced to keep only one I'd keep my 500s

I wasn't too impressed listening to the 560s. It sounded like any other headphone. The 650 didn't feel that great. So I'm hoping the 500s will be the one. And in the back of my mind that he-6 will be my end game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #10 of 10
HE-500 was designed to be an 'efficient' HE-6 - they sound quite similar, but you'll need a very ballsy amp for the HE-6. 
Having said that, I've heard an HE-6 through a humble Fiio E17, and was surprised how good it sounded even when completely under-amped. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back