Trying to decide between Sennheiser CX 890i and MeElectronice AP161P
Jan 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pastortommy

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I have been researching a new set of IEMs for my train rides.  Recently my Shure's went south so I've had to take my Sennheiser momentums with me...even though they are somewhat mobile, they're not THAT mobile!  But they do sound great ....

I want to stay under 100.00.  I have spent hours reading through the nice posts from Joker, etc.  I think I've narrowed it down to the CX-890i which I can get for 92ish and the MeE AP161P which i can get for around 94.  One reason I like both of these is because of the great reviews concerning sound (though these are quite different signatures so I read) but also because they have the remote which i use alot on train and walking in the city, etc.  

Which do you suggest and why?  

Are there others under 100 that have equal or great sound quality and a remote that you would suggest that I've overlooked?

Thanks!  
Tommy

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 7
All I can say is I just bought it and I am absolutely satisfied, although I do not use it when traveling since it does not have an active noise cancelling features...i used this mostly when working on my computer while trying to avoid background noise...in short, portable, sounds great on most type of music I listen to and answer my iPhone5 with the cable remote...I just don't like the case :)

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 7
I went with the Sennheiser's as well. I love them… I actually do use them when on public transportation such as the train and they block out noise extremely well in my opinion. My headphones for home are the Sennheiser momentum's and I absolutely love them too.

I agree with you about the case. It is absolutely worthless… So why use my old shure pouch case.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #6 of 7
I also used the CX890 on public transport and it even seals better than my travel in-ear CXC700...Well I do have the Momentum too but I like my Amperior more...

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #7 of 7
seems that we got a lot of Senn's fanbois here...
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back