Trying to connect a Sony PCM-M10 to a Meier Audio Corda Stepdance...
Dec 6, 2010 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Correction to what I wrote, below: The Stepdance was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. It has 1/8-inch mini jacks, not 1/4-inch as I had assumed from photos- doh!

The two patch cables provided with the Stepdance are not very substantial. Any recommendations for better interconnect cable terminated with matching 1/8-inch male mini plugs?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm looking for a 1/4-inch male stereo plug to 1/8-inch (3.5mm) male stereo plug adapter cable with about 5 inches of cable between the two stereo plugs - preferably of high quality, but I'm not willing to pay more than about $75.00 for this.  (OK, twist my arm if you think there's something more expensive that I should consider.)

Amazingly, I can't find anything like this at numerous electronics retailers, Monster, Cardas, etc.  It's easy to find Male-to-Male with 1/4-inch plugs at both ends, or with 1/8-inch plugs at both ends, or Male at one end with Female at the other, but I can't find a cable with 1/4-inch Male to 1/8-inch Male in any length.

I'm trying to connect the 1/8-inch female line out jack (programmed for Line Out instead of for Headphone) on a Sony PCM-M10 Recorder (an Uber-DAP for playing 96/24 WAVs) to the 1/4-inch female line in jack on a Meier Audio Corda Stepdance, using as few adapters as possible between the two jacks. 

By the way, what does "DBT-Free Forum" mean?  
blink.gif

Thank you,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back